chapter sixteen.

❞FUCKING FINALLY!❞

❞FUCKING FINALLY!❞

*

"I BOOKED A ROOM at a nearby hotel," Wally says, and god I've never loved him so much before, "There's barely enough space for the two of you to be living here - if I stay here for the rest of the week, I will die."

Dick scoffs, he's ironing clothes, "My apartment is much cleaner than your room back in your apartment."

I frown, "Wait you and Artemis have separate rooms? Are you guys divorced?"

Wally deadpans, "A little hard to be divorced if you're not married, Lex - but yeah, we use different rooms to keep our stuff, our vigilante stuff, we sleep in another room, together."

I turn to Dick, "They have a bigger apartment than yours."

"They also have two people living there."

I scoff, "Oh, so I'm apparently a hallucination!"

"You're staying here temporarily!" Dick exclaims, "If you were staying here permanently then we would've gotten a bigger apartment."

Wally wiggles his eyebrows at me, god I hate him now. I almost throw a pillow at him but Wally clears his throat before I can, "You guys can continue your domestic arguments, I will go to my hotel room and relax, I will be back here tomorrow at nine, please don't be doing the nasty when I do -"

"Out!"

"Dude!"

Wally grins at us and speeds out. Dick's neck is flushed and I'm sure my cheeks are red. I collapse on the sofa, glancing at Dick, standing beside the TV. I switch the TV on, Stranger Things Season 4 begins to play, and no matter how cute Vecna was before he pulled an Anakin Skywalker and became a monster, I can only look at Dick.

"I'm kind of surprised that you're ironing your clothes," I mutter, "I half expected you to just fold up your clothes with all kinds of wrinkles on them and throw them in your closet."

Dick chuckles, shaking his head, "I used to do that but Barb forced me into ironing my clothes after one of my dates went disastrous."

I blink. Dick just mentioned Barb of his own accord, not because I brought her up. I hum, nodding, "Oh."

Oh. The saddest word in the English language. And I am the saddest person on the planet - well... looking back on it, not really, but you get what I mean. 

Dick has fallen silent too and I force myself to look at Steve Harrington, it's easy to do that. 

"When do you wanna go on patrol?"

I feel my breath catch as my excitement takes my stomach, I'm like a five-year-old kid who just got promised chocolate, "Patrol?"

Dick grins too, "Bruce called me, he said that it'd be good for you to patrol... do - do you wanna go?"