chapter nine.

❞I WILL BE YOUR EXECUTIONER!❞

*

WE'RE IN A VERY DIRTY  place and I have to stifle the need to spray sanitizer all around me. We're here to follow Bruce's lovely plan, we're going to go to the Enchantress' "hideout". Wanda is beside me, Tim wanted to come but Dick grounded him, and Bruce got really pissy about the fact that he lost his chance to ground Tim.

"Keep your eyes wide open."

I roll my eyes, "I can take care of myself."

Wanda glares back at me, "I'm supposed to be taking care of you."

"I know that," I grumble, "But I don't need to be taken care of."

"Tell that to Bruce," Wanda rolls her eyes, "He's the one forcing me to do this."

"You volunteered for this."

"Who else would protect you?" Wanda asks, "Dick? He's a manbaby who might smother you to death, Jason? He'll get you shot. Tim and Damian are not here. Wally is not here, I am the most qualified."

I blink, "There's a qualification level to be able to protect me?"

Wanda hums, folding her arms to her chest, "Yes, the qualification involves being mature enough."

I deadpan at her, "Hilarious."

Bruce scoffs, "Bold of you to assume she's joking."

I glare at Bruce, "I don't need protection."

"Nightmare might not," Dad chimes in, "But Alex does."

I roll my eyes, this is getting tiresome and it's only been 10 minutes since this mission has officially started. 

Bruce is walking at the front of the group, Dad trails behind him. Samantha walks with Jason and Dick on either side of her, and Wanda is beside me. It's a small group to work with, Bruce pushed for it. 

"Are we just going to hang out with the Enchantress?"

Bruce glances at Jason over his shoulder, "We're going to bring her to us."

"How?" I ask, "Poking her with a stick?"

"No," Dad says, "We're going to poke her with a challenge against her ego."

I narrow my eyes, "How are you going to do that?"

"You should ask that to yourself."

"What?"

Bruce sighs, "You're the bait Alex, you need to bring her out, lure her out before we go in... the only way to do that is to challenge her, otherwise just being here and bringing the attention of others will not lead her to us but the other way around."

I stop, putting my hands up, "Are you fucking kidding? I have to poke a psychotic bear with a stick? Do you know what happens when you do that? You get mauled!"