TWELVE.

when eileen and richie woke the next morning, they were intertwined in each other's arms resting peacefully. after their confessional conversation, richie believed that that was the most rewarding sleep they had ever gotten in their life—well, aside from when jade was finally sleep trained as a baby.

their peaceful moments didn't last long, for the vibrations from richie tozier's phone woke the couple up. richie removed his arm from around his wife and answered the phone.
"hello?" his morning voice spoke, and eileen slowly opened her eyes to look over at her husband.

"downstairs, now. both of you are late." eileen could hear from her side of the bed.
"you got it, captain bill." richie hung up the phone and rolled his eyes. he rested his head back on his pillow and let out a sigh.

"good morning." eileen stated softly, letting out an expected yawn. richie smiled at her, and looked into her big blue eyes.
"good morning." he pulled her back into his arms.

eileen pressed her forehead against richie's and stared into his tired brown eyes, she didn't know what to expect out of this trip, but she knew that as long as she had her husband by her side, she'd be okay.

"ready to go kill a clown?" she whispered softly. richie's lips tugged into a smile, he liked the way she said it. being in the entertainment industry, he was big on line delivery. he enjoyed the way that eileen mastered the art of line delivery.
"oh you bet." he responded and pressed a peck to her lips.

eileen tozier loved school, she loved learning about anyone and anything. she always listened to her teachers, and she always provided excellent commentary. but as she listened to mike hanlon talk about the ritual of chüd, she found herself zoning out.

she missed her life before they had to return back to derry to kill a clown. she loved her life with her husband and her two kids, her marriage wasn't perfect and she wasn't the most perfect mother in the world, but the toziers were happy. being in derry, eileen felt like she was always on edge.

richie tozier glanced over at his wife, seeing that her eyes had lost their usual glimmer. richie knew his wife like the back of his hand, and he knew that she was zoning out when she needed to pay attention. he rested his hand on her knee, and gave it a light squeeze. eileen snapped out of her thoughts and her gaze flickered down to richie's hand on her knee. she smiled softly and mouthed a 'thank you' to her husband.

"you guys can spend the day finding your tokens for the ritual, but remember. think hard about it." mike hanlon finished.

eileen tozier walked around her teenage bedroom, looking around for what her piece of the ritual could possibly be. her children were downstairs playing board games with the lankmans.

eileen picked up the polaroids that had been left on her dresser, it was one of her and richie together on a summer day when they were teenagers, it had been taken by beverly marsh herself. her eyes darted to one of her and stanley uris.

eileen felt her heart sink as she saw the picture—they were sitting on the grass of the town square, stanley's arm wrapped around her shoulders and they both had bright smiles on their faces. she frowned and looked closer at the picture. her eyebrows stitched together as she saw the necklace that he had given her, around her neck.

it dawned on her, the necklace was her token.

eileen remembered that the day she was gifted that necklace was the day that they had to go and save beverly, the day that it almost killed stan. that day in the sewers haunted eileen for years after it happened, but she somehow managed to repress her past when it was time for her to move and go off to yale.

the thirty-nine year old searched through her room, looking for the necklace.
"god, where is it?" she muttered to herself.

"mom?" she heard jade tozier call out from downstairs.
"hold on, jay!" eileen yelled back in response.

eileen got down on the floor and glanced under her bed. much to her surprise, there it was. eileen grabbed the 's' initial necklace from under her twin sized bed.

"mom! it's got reece!" jay screamed out in horror.

hearing those words made eileen's ears ring, she scrambled to get off of the floor and run downstairs. as she shoved the necklace into her pocket, she joined her daughter in the living room.

"wha-what happened?!" eileen's mind was running wild, she couldn't lose her baby. he was only eleven and had so much life to experience, he didn't deserve to have a terrible fate just because his parents did.

"i-i went to go...to go get something to drink and, and i came back and grandma and grandpa were gone and so was reece." jade fumbled over her words, tears were running down her face at the thought of a worst case scenario.

eileen had to make a split second decision—leave her daughter there alone and risk her also getting taken by the clown, or have her daughter come with her to find pennywise and reece.

"let's go find him." eileen made her decision.

i appreciate all of the love that you all have given to the tozier family and eileen in general, it warms my heart so much. however, i don't update as much as i should because i do have a very busy life outside of wattpad. i know you guys are excited and want to see how all of this plays out, but sometimes the update comments and private messages can be overwhelming. i update and write for this story when i can. unfortunately, i don't have the luxury anymore to sit and incorporate the entire movie into this story but i'm trying to write it to the best of my ability in a way that you all would also enjoy.

so again, thank you for all of the love and funny comments, they make me smile and laugh. but know that i am trying my best get these chapters to you all. therefore, you do not need to tell me how many exact days it has been since i have updated or private message me asking me to update, i will whenever i get the chance to. thank you, love you all<3