FOUR.

☆彡

WANTING TO SAY a final and less dramatic goodbye, richie decided to drop his children off at their schools. when he returned back to his home, he found his wife sitting on their sofa with her head buried in her hands.

"e, what's wrong?" richie walked over towards his wife and set a hand on her shoulder. eileen looked back up at richie and gave him a sweet smile. she stood to her feet and only embraced him, resting her head upon his shoulder.

"i love you and i love our kids and, i....i love our life together. i couldn't fathom any factor of my life being altered." she whispered, pressing a kiss to the crook of his neck.

richie tozier wrapped his arms around his wife, gently rubbing her waist.
"you won't lose me. i promise that to you." richie whispered back.

eileen removed her head from his shoulder and gazed into his eyes. she had four hours left with her husband, and she wanted to make the most of it. her hand traveled to his bicep as her alluring blue eyes stared up at him.

"can we have a moment, rich? just you and me?" she asked and without any words, richie nodded in agreement.

||

eileen and richie were very straightforward people when it came to their love life—they knew what they want and they didn't beat around the bush. the couple seldomly 'made love' due to their busy schedules, they never had time to admire each other under a different light. their intimate moments were much like the rest of their home life, fast and straight to the point.

this time was different, eileen noticed. the way richie kissed her this time was different, everything was different. the way he had handled her, how slow he seemed to move. he wanted it to last.

the thirty-nine year old wife felt her husband's lips against her neck as he carefully reached for her underwear. eileen stared up at her husband, whom was trying his best to make this moment last forever. she felt her throat quiver as she realized that this could possibly have been her last intimate moment with her husband of seventeen years.

she felt tears sting her eyes as richie's lips connected back to her neck. eileen let her tears fall and a sob came from her mouth. richie's head snapped up towards her in concern and he moved away from her in a haste.

"oh my god, eileen are you okay? di-did i hurt you?" richie asked, touching her arm.

eileen only sobbed and pulled their comforter over her half bare body. she sat up and covered her face with her hands.

richie stared at her without a clue in his mind on how to comfort her, she had never cried like that before. he wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his chest. eileen cried harder, but allowed richie to embrace her.

"you can't go, richie. i can't do this, i can't do any of it without you." she sobbed.

richie traveled frequently, doing gigs and special events for his radio show. it was his career. eileen was left with the kids, left to parent them, scold them, guide them—even if richie was by her side or not. however, her knowing that he was going to derry to fight a killer clown was a different story.

"you need to, eileen. the ki–they need you to. i don't give a shit about me, you need to look after them. they are every part of us and they need you more than ever." richie comforted.

on his car ride back home from departing from his children, richie had a chance to cry to himself about everything. how he was offering up everything to go back to derry.

eileen could only nod, she needed to be brave and strong for her kids. eileen glanced back up towards richie and nodded, "everything is going to be okay." she affirmed.