TWO.

☆彡

RICHARD TOZIER PULLED eileen into his home office, closing the door behind him.
"what's up, rich?" eileen furrowed her eyebrows towards richie.

he paced the room, running his hands through his hair before finally turning towards his wife.

"i just got a call," he started. eileen nodded slowly, confused as to what was so concerning about a phone call. "from mike." richie said, leaning against his desk.

eileen's blue eyes widened as her mouth opened ajar.
"mike hanlon?" eileen questioned.
"no, mike tyson. yes, fuckin' mike hanlon!" richie retorted, resulting in an eye roll from his wife.

"richie, shut the fuck up, first of all. second, why did he call you? are kids disappearing again?" eileen asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"yes—he told me that he thinks that it's back." richie responded, sighing. eileen couldn't believe it. she couldn't believe that that clown, it, was back. she didn't know that twenty-seven years had flashed before her eyes that quickly.

"what are we going to do?" eileen questioned, looking into richie's eyes.

richie knew that he didn't want eileen to go back, she couldn't go back. he couldn't risk her life for anything, and this was too risky. if anything happened to him, he needed jay and reece to have their mother.

"well, we're going back. not....not you and me, but we as in me and the others." richie informed. eileen looked at richie in shock.

"what do you mean, rich?" eileen asked, staring at her husband. richie shook his head towards her.
"i can't risk your fucking life, e. the kids need you, if something happens to me—" eileen held her hand up.

"richie, nothing's going to happen to you, all right? i'm going with you. the kids'll stay with my parents back in derry." eileen stated.

richie's eyes grew twice their normal size as he stared at eileen in disbelief.
"no fucking way! you're not going and we're not taking our kids there!" richie insisted, his voice raising.

"you're my husband, not my owner. if i want to go, i'll go! they will be fine, richie." eileen began to raise her voice as well.

richie turned his back away, letting out a loud groan. he wouldn't have his wife nor his kids back in maine, never.

"i can't risk your life! i can't risk theirs, eileen!" richie yelled, his face beginning to tint red.
"no one is asking you to! you don't have to be a fucking martyr, richard! it happened to me just as it did you!" eileen screamed back, storming to the other side of the office.

from the dining room, jay and reece listened to their parents argument. richie and eileen rarely argued, so if they were that loud and that angry, the kids knew that it was serious.

"so let me get this straight. you think that we should take a happy family fucking roadtrip to derry, maine where kids get eaten by a fucking clown? and we should take our kids?! hell no." richie shook his head.

"richie, they'll be safe! they'll be at my parents' house, they won't step a foot outside of that house if it warms your heart!" eileen battled.

he looked at his wife, and then made a connection in his head.
"she's our age." richie said, his voice back to its normal volume.

"what?" eileen asked, slightly confused.
richie looked at eileen with glossy eyes at the thought of losing his baby girl to it.

"jay. she's our age when it happened." richie stated, and eileen's demeanor completely changed.

eileen understood richie's argument. hell could freeze over before eileen and richie would take their kids to the horror show that was derry, maine. she wouldn't risk her childrens' childhoods and innocence for it.

she glanced up towards richie and sighed, stepping towards him. she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head against his chest. richie embraced his wife in his arms.

"i'm sorry, rich." eileen whispered, looking up towards her husband. richie shook his head in response.
"no, it's my fault. i'm sorry for losing my temper like that. i love you, honey." richie pressed a kiss to eileen's forehead.

"what are we gonna do?" eileen frowned, wishing that her life wasn't as chaotic.