- Blanket Fort -

My mental health really said 📉, so have some L fluff 😀.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

" Annnnnddddd, finished!" You say as you add the last pillow on the fort.

L was finally coming home after not being there in a month.

The Kira Case usually had him staying up all night, so you decided to bake him cakes and other sweets for him to enjoy.

You heard the door open and him saying " I have arrived."

" L!" You run towards the door and jump on him, knocking the poor detective to the ground.

" I missed you so much!" You said as you give him a bone crushing hug.

" Missed. You. Too." He says, struggling to breathe with the hug you're giving him.

" Oops..." you say and let go.

Standing up, you grab his hand and start walking towards the living room.

" I have a surprise!" You tell him excitedly.

" Oh really?" He says and smiles.

You nod and show him the fort. " Tada!"

He looks at it surprised.

" What is this?" He questioned.

You chuckle. " It's a blanket fort! See here's the entrance!" You say and crawl into the fort.

" I've never seen one of these...." L says and bites his thumb.

" You never made one of these when you lived in Wammy's House?" He shook his head no.

" I helped stop World War III when I was eight, I wasn't really focused on childlike things similar to this." He explains.

" But Mello, Near , Matt, they never made one of these?" You questioned.

" They did but I was never invited to join them. If I got to close, they'd throw pillows at me." He tells you.

" Pfft-sorry. Well now you can finally go in one." He crouched down and entered the fort.

There were pillows and stuffed animals everywhere. He looked over on the coffee table to see cake and other sweets.

On the walls, he saw Christmas lights strung to make the fort brighter.

" Did you, do this all for me?" He looked at you amazed.

" Yup! I've been baking since yesterday so you better start eating." You say and hand him a plate and fork.

" T-Thank you so much." He says and places a slice of strawberry cake on his plate.

" You're amazing at baking." He says and stuffs his face full of cake.

" Thanks. I've had a lot of practice making you sweets." You laugh.

He continued to stuff his face full of cake as you talked about your day.

" How about you? How's the Kira Investigation going?" He swallowed the cake in his mouth before answering.

" It's going quite alright. The Task Force has recently contacted me and would like to meet in person."

" Are you going to?" He nods his head yes.

" I feel it would be best to do so." You listen to him talk while serving yourself a piece of cake.

" Anyway enough about work! Let's watch a movie!" You say and put the TV on.

" If you insist." He says and smiles.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

After about an hour and an half, the movie had ended. It was a detective movie and L did not like it.

" The main character was completely idiotic. He missed so many obvious clues and in the end, his child was killed." He complains to you.

" I knew who the killer was in a matter of minutes. Honestly, whoever wrote this movie nee-" He stops talking and looks down to see you asleep.

He smiles and kisses your forehead.

" Thank you for setting all of this up (Y/N). I don't deserve you. You're too sweet." He tells you.

" I will spend all day with you tomorrow." He says and turns off the Christmas lights.

L lays you down onto one of the pillows before laying next to you.

He puts the blanket on both of you and hugs you close to him.

" I love you (Y/N), goodnight." He closes his eyes eyes before trying to fall asleep.

(A/N: I apologize if this oneshot is short but as I mentioned in the beginning, I'm not really feeling great mentally. Again,I'm really sorry if it was short! Have a great day/night/whatever everyone!)