Once Upon A Time

Our story starts in a kingdom named Mystic Falls where magic and supernatural creatures lived in harmony with humans. Witches were among those living in the town. They were peaceful and communed with the natural world around them, offering assistance for anyone who needed it. Werewolves and vampires also peacefully inhabited the kingdom ruled by King Damon and Queen Elena.

A manor sat at the end of the village, surrounded by walls and a gate at the entrance. A prominent witch family lived there named the Bennetts, but they weren't stuck up or acted snobby. Everyone in the village loved them because they offered to help when needed and gave back to their community in forms of charity. They made the town a much happier and safer place to live, protecting it from dangers such as rogue vampires or werewolves.

The Bennetts had a beautiful daughter named Bonnie who's heart was as pure as gold. She couldn't turn down anyone in need of assistance, no matter how big or small the situation. Although Bonnie was wealthy, she never acted like it. She had friends from all ranks, even down to the prisoners. Her parents loved and adored her, making sure to give her anything she could ever need in order to be happy. In turn Bonnie used her magic powers to make her parents' lives easier.

However their happiness ended when Lord Bennett fell ill with a fever. Bonnie's mother called the family doctor, only to be told her husband's condition had gotten worse. As the days passed, Bonnie's father became sicker and sicker. Her mother was so distraught that she barely ate, having her meals brought to her room instead. It left Bonnie to have her meals by herself since her mother asked not to be disturbed. It seemed like nothing could be done and sadly Lord Bennett passed away two days before his daughter's birthday.

Lady Bennett, overwhelmed with grief for her deceased husband, didn't speak to a single soul for weeks. Not even to her own daughter who wanted so very badly to comfort her mother but wasn't allowed to come into her chambers. Bonnie felt so alone in her house and worried constantly for Lady Bennett's safety and well being. All she wanted to do was run and hug her mother tight and be reassured that all would be well.

Bonnie's wish would be granted several days later when she was on the floor in front of her parents bedroom door, playing with her toys under the supervision of the maids who served her family. A creak was heard, causing Bonnie to look up and see her mother standing in the doorway looking as beautiful as ever. Lady Bennett turned her gaze to her daughter, tears brimming in the corners of her eyes. Before she could blink, her mother scooped her up into an embrace, burying her face into Bonnie's cheek. They stayed like that for a few moments, Lady Bennett wetting her daughter's dress with her tears. Bonnie returned it as only a five year-old could do. She never wanted to let her mother go again.

Lady Bennett, her grief subsiding after she spent more time with her daughter, decided it was time to look for another husband. Immediately letters were sent all across the land to every kingdom, some even across the ocean. Thousands upon thousands of return messages flooded the manor with Bonnie at one point counting almost 100 in a single day. She helped her mother read them too, giving her honest opinion when she didn't like the one she was reading.

When it came time to meet the suitors, Bonnie accompanied Lady Bennett with almost all of them. Some of the men, as handsome as they were, didn't particularly like that there would be a child hanging about while they were trying to seduce her mother. For those types, Bonnie was sent to her room where she would spy on them from her window overlooking the gardens, making sure there wouldn't be any 'funny business' going on.

One day a fancy looking carriage rolled up to the manor and out stepped an exquisite looking brown-haired young man. Bonnie watched from a window as his brown eyes surveyed his surroundings, feeling chills go up her spine. Glancing over to the carriage door, she watched as it opened and out stepped two little girls about her age. One had the most beautiful dark brown hair in tight curls, wearing a dark purple dress. She almost looked like one of Bonnie's dolls because she was so pretty. The second one had paler skin than her sister, a pointed nose, and was wearing a blue dress with a matching bow in her curly blonde hair.