Morning Troubles (Part 2)

Tyler opened the door just in time for Caroline to walk in, her blonde hair in curls, wearing a sky blue dress with white trim.

The princess didn’t even spare a glance towards her old friend, instead coming to stand in front of her father where she knelt on the ground with her head bowed in respect. Kol smiled and leaned forward to grasp his daughter's chin in his hand, lifting it up so she faced him.

“Good morning my love. What brings you here?”

Caroline smiled at her father. “Oh nothing Daddy. I just wanted to see you.” She glanced over in disgust at Bonnie. “But it appears you're in the middle of something?”

Kol laughed and shook his head. “No not at all darling. The servant needed to be taught a lesson in respect. Luckily Jackson's an excellent instructor.” He gestured to the werewolf, who bowed towards the princess.

Caroline rolled her eyes, scowling towards Bonnie. “That little pest is always getting in trouble, Daddy. I don't see why you keep her around. Especially after what she did.”

Her father gazed sternly at her. “You know exactly why.” he growled, a sharpness in his tone. “I won’t hear anymore of what needs to be done with her because her punishment was my decision, no one else's.”

This caused the young vampire to look away from her father, a blush beginning to bloom on her pale face.

While it wasn’t what he said that made her feel embarrassed, but the fact that Tyler, the werewolf guard she fancied, was staring at her.

“Caroline!” Kol snapped, jerking his daughter's attention back to him. “Do you understand?”

Swallowing hard, the blonde girl nodded quickly. “Yes Daddy.” She averted her eyes to avoid her father's fiery ones.

Caroline guessed that’s where Katherine got her temper from.
Smiling and giggling, she rose up only to skip beside her father, wrapping her arms around his neck and down his chest. She usually acted like that when she wanted something.

Unfortunately Kol knew that trick quite well, turning his head to face his daughter with a smile.

“Sweetheart,” Kol began. “What do you want and will I be saying no?”

That remark caused the girl to playfully draw her lips into a pout, which was adorable unlike Katherine's. “Oh Daddy!” she giggled. “I was going to ask, whenever you go hunting, would you not put Marcel in charge, please? He doesn't let Katherine or I do anything!”

Marcel was below Jackson in rank but what he lacked in status, he made up for in sheer power and charisma. Kol often put the young vampire in charge of his matters whenever he and his second-in-command were away. Though it was never for very long.

Kol pretended to think about it, tapping his finger on his chin. “Hmmmm. Either I leave everything I rule over to my two precious little girls, who throw parties and leave the manor a total disaster. Or I put Marcel in charge to make sure you're both safe and on good behavior.” He smirked to himself. “Such a hard decision.”

Caroline couldn’t believe what her father was insinuating. She and her sister were almost sixteen! They were practically adults, able to fend for themselves and certainly didn’t need a babysitter!

“Well, Daddy.” She began, batting her eyes innocently towards Kol, “Instead of Marcel, why don't you put Mason or Tyler in charge? Surely they're more competent.”

Kol grew irritated because his daughter wasn't listening and trying to usurp his authority. Sure he was young and carefree when he was her age, but now responsibilities such as being a father and assuming a position of power changed his perspective.