Morning Trouble (Part 1)

"Bonnie."

Bonnie awoke with a start, finding herself amid the familiar surroundings of her cell. The crack in one of the stone walls, the way she knew the time of day, was dark meaning it was still night outside.

The little witch began to drift off again, as it wasn't time for her to be awake yet.

"Bonnie!"

Jerking her head up, Bonnie looked around from where she was shackled to the wall, trying in vain to figure out who was calling her. A figure standing outside her cell suddenly graced her vision, but it was still too dark to see who or what it was. Bonnie squinted and attempted to make out who would be down here this early. Certainly not Jackson.

Just then, a spark flew in the air, lighting what looked like a candle. Only it wasn't a candle.

It was a bloody stake.

Bonnie gasped in horror, her eyes following the direction of the light for it to reveal her mother, still appearing the way she died. The gaping hole in her chest from where she was pierced sent chills down the girl's spine.

"Bonnie. Why did you do it?" Abigail cried, tears streaming down her face. "Why did you pull the trigger, Bonnie? Why?"

This made the witch tear up and shake her head, attempting to erase this vision of her mother. She didn't want to relive that horrible night. It wasn't her fault, it was Kol's! It was her stepfather!

Bonnie opened her eyes, tears streaming down her own face, only to find her mother had disappeared.

Breathing a sigh of relief as she shook her head, she gazed back up only to come face to face with Abigail right in front of her, but this time she was holding a bloody heart that was still beating.

"Your friend would still be alive, Bonnie. Kai wouldn't have died if you hadn't fired your weapon." Her mother held the heart up closer to her daughter's face. "It's all your fault."

Before Bonnie could react, Abigail held the stake high above her head, paused as she stared her daughter in the eyes, then plunged it down into the organ.

Blood spattered onto Bonnie's terrified face, causing her to let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Startling herself awake, she took deep breaths to calm herself down before she glanced at her surroundings to find they were back to normal. Only instead of the ghost of Abigail, Jackson was standing outside her cell with a grin.

Bonnie decided she'd rather deal with her dead mother right now.

"Good, you're up." The captain of the guard said, smiling "Our master is expecting you."

The door to her cell was opened as two guards, Tyler and Mason, appeared and unshackled Bonnie. She scowled at them when they turned her around and pushed her roughly outside. Mason took Bonnie's arm and brought it up to show Jackson, who nodded in approval.

Around her wrist was an enchanted bracelet nullifying the girl's powers. Kol had commanded she wear it at all times and for the guards to check it everyday just in case it came off for some reason. The jewelry made her submit to her stepfather if Bonnie became too rebellious.

She received beatings the few times she removed it without permission, but was healed by the physicians who were also witches. It was rarely Kol who would punish her, as he would have Jackson do it to teach Bonnie a lesson. Often times the werewolf would leave her within an inch of her life before Kol sent her to be healed up.

Just once Bonnie wished she could use her powers to make Jackson pay for hurting her. But that will never happen, not while her stepfather was in power.