C.9

You looked at the phone in fear. You contemplated picking it up and just letting it ring. You decided to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Who are you? And why do you have my son's phone?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because he's my son an- it's none of your business why I care. Where is he?"

"You don't treat him like your son. And he's asleep. Why? Did you need him for something, since you're incapable of doing things for yourself."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused."

"Quit disrepecting me and tell me where my son is."

"Stop being someone who I can easily disrespect. And also, I told you, he's asleep. As for his location, he's minding his business and leaving yours alone. Not that you have any business, but just so you know his whereabouts, that's where he is. Anything else?"

"Little girl-"

"I'm nineteen, I'm not a little girl. Is there anything you want me to tell Oliver before I disrespectfully hang up this phone, because you're wasting my time by screaming at me. It's not my fault he ran away from your abusive self. Go to therapy man. Get some help. Talk to a friend. Do something."

"I don't need help. I'm perfectly fine. Watch who you talking to. Tell him to come home, or else he'll be punished. And if he doesn't come home tonight, I'll find you and punish you both."

"Wah, I'm so scared. A big scary man is gonna hit me." you said sarcastically.

"Quit disrespecting me before I show you a lesson."

"How about I show you a lesson. It's on how to end a conversation. First, you click the hang up button-"

You hung up.

You then put Oliver's phone on your desk and went back to sleep.

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. You it up and looked to see who was calling so early. "Who calls at two in the morning?" you wondered. You saw the screen said "No caller ID," so you went outside your room and picked up the phone. You didn't want to wake Oliver by being inconsiderate and talking on the phone in your room while he was asleep.

"Hello?" you asked sleepily.

"Hello darling, miss me?" his voice sounded deep, like he had a voice changer.

"Darling? W-who are you, and how did you get my number?"

"The same person who gave you those lovely letters. Check your locker later, there's a present in there."

"Dude. I don't care. I asked how yo-"

"Did you see Oliver?"

"H-how do y-you know him?" you suddenly got scared.

"Who do you think beat him?"

"You...you did that to him. You put him through that? How could you?"

"He's closer to having you than I am, and I can't allow that."

"That's so stupid. You attacked him because of him asking me out? You could've just talked to me, you didn't have to do this."

"I've tried talking to you since high school, but you've always put my feelings to the side because of Oliver. It won't be like that for much longer sweetie."