𝒳𝒱𝐼

...

𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄?

...

When Mary woke up her body felt more at ease. The potion she had drunk certainly made something to her every time she drank it, but Merlin, it tasted fucking disgusting. Her whole body felt no longer in pain, but sore, she still had her headache but it was bearable.

She opened her eyes and blinked a couple of times to regain her vision. She looked around and found that Snuffles was no longer in bed, her eyebrows furrowed, and worry crept into her. Had Pomfrey found him and kicked him out? Did he escape? I should look for him... she thought to herself.

She sat up from the bed, and just about as she was to get up, someone opened her curtains, making her yelp. She looked up and saw Madam Pomfrey looking at her with a comforting smile, ''Oh, good morning, dear. Did you sleep well?'' she asked with a soft voice. She went in front of her and started examining her for any pain. Mary chuckled, ''Yes, and I'm feeling fine-- just a bit sore-- the headache it's still there but it doesn't hurt that much.'' She stood up and grabbed her uniform to put on. ''Well, you do seem to look better than the last couple of nights. I'll let you go to your classes, don't want you missing any of them—here..'' she handed Mary the same blue potion she took last night, but in a smaller vile, and another Sleeping Draught, also in a smaller vile.'' You can take the blue one if the pain gets worse, and the Sleeping Draught if you have any trouble sleeping. If you have any pain at all do not hesitate to come to me.'' Pomfrey raised her eyebrows and pointed a finger at Mary, ''Will do. Thank you, Pom,'' Mary smiled at Pomfrey.

''By the way, dear. Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Warrington came over and brought some things of yours..'' she pointed at her bag and books in one of the chairs in front of her bed, ''Your sister, Mr. Potter, and Mr. Weasley came too, to check on you. Now, I'll leave you to it.'' She gave her a smile and closed her curtains for privacy.

Mary looked around, searching for any sign of Snuffles, ''Snuffles..'' she whispered, '' Snuffles...Snuffles!''

''What did you say?''

Mary yelped and turned around at the sound where the raspy voice came from, she pushed another curtain aside and saw none other than Professor Lupin. He was in his pajamas, his hair messy and dirty, his skin looked white with a shade of green, bandages with a tint of blood could be seen on his arms, and his eyelids looked half closed...he looked exhausted.

'' Oh my— Professor! Are you alright?'' she didn't know why she asked that of-fucking-course he's not fine! ''S-sorry, stupi— dumb question. I don't know why I asked that. If you were fine you wouldn't be in the Hospital Wi—''

''What did you just say?''

He repeated with a raspy voice. His eyes were wide, he sat up, and looked at her. ''Um...Are you alright?'' she asked, he shook his head, '' N-no, you said a name...earlier— a couple of seconds ago— you said a name...'' his hands were trembling and his breathing had sped up. Mary suddenly remembered Snuffles. She couldn't tell him.. he'll tell Dumbledore and something could happen to him; they could harm him, they could put him on adoption, she could lose him, and although she just got it, she felt a strong connection or something warm and familiar around the dog. She couldn't tell him.

''Oh, no. Nothing. I was just talking to myself,'' she lied

She could see he didn't believe her. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his eyes had uncertainty on them, ''Are you sure?'' he laid down again, and raised an eyebrow at her. ''Yes, Professor. No need to worry,'' she smiled at him. He sighed, ''Okay, then.'' she wanted to ask him what had happened to him, but it didn't feel like her place, Wait— who's going to teach Defence now?... she thought.