Five

Sakura peered down at the boy with concern laced in her ebony pupils, observing as he aggressively kicked a rock while mumbling to himself incoherently

When she picked Hoshi up from his after school program (which was conveniently located two blocks from her office), his teacher preemptively warned her that he'd been in an unusually foul mood all afternoon, but he wouldn't disclose the reasoning to anyone. With this in mind, Sakura settled on simply asking him how his day was, to which he ignored.

She chewed on the inside of her cheek anxiously, trying to pinpoint what possibly could have ruined his typically optimistic demeanor. Hoshi was a good kid, ready to share and help others. This behavior was abnormal for him, which worried Sakura to no end.

As soon as they walked into their apartment from the awkward stroll, Hoshi angrily threw his backpack into the ground and stomped his way to the living room. Sakura sighed, trying to figure out the best approach to take with him.

She caught a glimpse of the recently sealed hole (which had been created a week ago), the mismatching shades of white irritating her mildly perfectionist side. Not to say that she was strict or anything, she just preferred things a certain way most of the time. It'd been how she maintained control of her seemingly chaotic life.

She sat onto the black armchair, giving him the needed space on the couch to cool off.

"Hey little star." She gently called, "what do you think about us getting your favorite for dinner tonight?"

"Curry?" He quietly confirmed, barely peering at the woman to his left.

"Curry." She nodded with a grin, hoping to ease some of the unidentifiable tension.

"Whatever, I don't care." He grumbled, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt, made to mimic the number two hero's costume.

"Hm, how about-"

"JUST STOP!" He screamed, jumping from his seat and clenching his fist at his sides, his knuckles turning white from the action. Sakura blinked in surprise from his unusual outburst, cocking a familiar reprimanding brow.