Trust // Chapter 8

Ivan's POV:

Red hues danced all around me as the colors of my surroundings fell into place. Even with my eyes closed, I could vision all the paints spreading on a canvas. My body felt light, and my mind was clear for the first time in ages. My hands felt numb and soft, but in the best way possible. The sensation was pure ecstasy of innocence. But just as the feeling flooded my body, It faded. Suddenly I was dropped on my ass, hard. My head reeled from the change in atmosphere and color palette. The sound of people laughing and talking caught me off guard. My head whipped around, straining my neck muscles. Bright lights flooded my retinas and blinded my vision temporarily. I blinked away the sensation and took in my surroundings. People sat in chairs, eating and laughing. Music dimly played from a nearby source and I spotted cars driving from a window. The situation settled in my head, at first not registering in my mind, then hitting me like a truck. I only then realized I was sitting on the floor of a packed restaurant. My face quickly turned red as I got up, thankful that I dropped in at the back and hadn't drawn too much attention. 'God, that's the one thing I hate about shifting to the 2p world. You never know where it will drop you.' I internally cursed. I dusted off my coat and headed for the back exit door. After making my way out of the back alley and into the street, it was very much apparent that I was no longer in Russia. I squinted at a nearby sign on a window, "Fresh and hot pancakes!". Definitely an English dominated country. I have to find the other 2ps and hope they haven't sided with Viktor.

"Ivan?" A familiar deep voice sounded behind me. The hair on my neck stood up and my arms covered in goosebumps. A rod poked me in the back as I stiffened. Swiveling around, I was greeted with a disapproving face and a baseball bat. "Oh my fucking god. You have to be fucking god damn kidding me." The brown haired American scowled. I smiled and tilted my head in a friendly attempt to smooth him out. "Allen! Hello old friend!" The wooden rod gripped tightly in his hand dug into my ribs as he pushed harder, "Don't fucking call me a 'old friend' you dicksucker commie!" I gripped the end of the baseball bat in my own hands, "That's a name you and Alfred seem to love to call me." His eyebrows furrowed, creasing his forehead. "Don't lump me in with that hamburger freak. Me and him are nothing alike." His pierced tongue rattled in his mouth as he spoke. He yanked the baseball back out of my reach. I looked down towards my crotch, "I can think of one thing you both like." His eyes widened and he swung. Pain shattered like glass in my left leg as the bat made contact. "Shut the fuck up!" He screamed at me. I held my leg and groaned as I sat hunched over on the wall. The pain subsided and I regained my posture. "What the fuck are you doing here anyways?" He aimed to strike again, but I ducked. "Looking for a mutual 'friend'." He straightened up and laughed, "don't tell me you and that dumb ass are still fighting!" I shrugged, "still fighting, different problem." His smile faded just as fast as it had come, "the fuck Ivan? What are you talking about? You guys haven't had contact in years." I looked away, "It's a long story." My hand came to take his, but he swiped his away, crossing his arms in the process, "I didn't forget what happened" He said scowling. We both went silent for a stupidly long amount of time before I coughed, "Well, would you forget for a couple days and help me find Viktor?" He leaned against the alley brick wall and looked away from me, "and why would I do that.." I smiled at him although he wasn't looking, "Do you have something better to do?" He scoffed and twirled his bat in his hand, "shut up. Let's go dipshit." I smiled as I followed him out of the alley way and into a shiny black car. The tires looked new and the coat of paint on the car looked freshly polished. Way too polished. Like, if you wanted to fix your hair and pick a whole new outfit but didn't have a mirror, this car would be your lucky day.

Allen took his seat in the car and I followed shortly after. He spoke briefly to the driver, purposely leaving me out of the conversation. The car merged into the traffic of the busy street and I laid back into the cushions of the couch. "The drive might take a while so why don't you tell me why you're here?" Allen looked at his bat, pretending to be disinterested. I chuckled at the failure of hiding his emotions, "Well to be completely honest, I have no idea. I think Viktor could've gotten a hold of some dark magic." This got his attention. Allen quickly reached over and slammed the glass divider between the driver and us so the driver would no longer hear. He flipped his whole body to face me, "are you for sure?" I shrugged once again, "Like I said, I don't really know, but I do know he took Alfred to try to merge our worlds together." Allen cursed, "What the fuck!? What the fuck is wrong with him?! Doesn't he know that could rip the fabric of time?" He was basically fuming by that point. He looked around at the traffic around us, preventing us from moving much. "With this bullshit we won't find him until it's too late!" Suddenly, he opened his door and began to get out. "Wait! I didn't tell the whole story!" I called after him. "You don't fucking have to! Now are you coming Braginsky!?" I didn't have to be asked twice. My car door slammed open and we ran out of the car into the traffic. Some cars honked and others yelled out of their windows at us. Me and Allen made it out of the street and onto the sidewalk. Pushing me into another ally, he stopped and looked at me, "look, Oliver taught me a teleportation spell. I haven't practiced it at all but it's worth a shot." Unlike before, this time he allowed me to intertwine my fingers with his. My eyes felt soft like velvet, almost a feeling I couldn't describe. The wind blew his hair onto his sweaty forehead. He looked at me like when we were in love again, "do you trust me?"