• Chapter 7 •

Third Person's POV

The next few days, Rory spent mostly with her mom, so she figured it was probably time to go back to visit her dad's place again.

As she entered the Queen mansion, she bumped into Quentin Lance who was on his way out. "Oh, hey, Rory." Quentin greeted his granddaughter with a smile.

"Hey, Granddad. What are you doing here? Is everyone okay?" Rory asked, concerned for her family's safety. "As of now, yes. However, we were just warning Walter of a potential threat. Which is why you should not be hanging around here now." Quentin told her.

"But school's canceled today and Mom's working." Rory said. She had gone to work with her mom before and it was fine, but she usually preferred to give her mom space when she was working to not distract her.

"We have security here, Granddad. I know it's hard for you to trust Dad and his family with anyone you love since Aunt Sara died on the yacht, but no one here would ever let me get hurt. I'm their only granddaughter, just like I'm your only granddaughter. I can't avoid them because of a potential threat, there always seems to be a potential threat." Rory spoke and Quentin hated that Rory was planning to stay, but he couldn't exactly stop her from seeing the other side of her family.

"Okay, sweetheart. But you stay close to the security. And if you get scared or anything, I'm only a call away. I'll be right back to pick you up." Quentin said and Rory smiled at him. "Thanks, Granddad." She moved forward to give him a hug before moving past him into the house.

She walked into one of the living rooms where Moira and Walter were sitting on the couch. "Hey, Grandma. Hey, Grandpa." She greeted them, gaining their attention.

"Hello, Rory. This is a pleasant surprise." Walter responded as she walked over towards them. "I just bumped into Granddad and he said that there was a potential threat to you...?" Rory mentioned as she sat on the couch across from them.

"Well, yes, there is. But the key word there is potential. And we have Mr. Diggle as our head of security here, making sure that nothing will happen to any of us." Walter told the young girl, motioning to Mr. Diggle who was near the other side of the room, giving the group some space.

"Hello, Mr. Diggle." Rory turned and said to him, waving. He just gave her a nod in response. Then she turned back to her grandparents.

"Okay. As long as you think we're safe. Because I don't want anything happening to you, Grandpa." Rory spoke and Walter smiled softly at the girl. "Come here." Walter held his arms open and Rory smiled as she got up and went over to him. Then she leaned down to hug him.

"I can't promise anything, Rory, because I don't know the future. But I will do my best so that you don't lose another grandfather, not for a very long time." Walter told her and she tightened her grip on him as she closed her eyes. "Thank you."

~~~

It was people that were going to a certain auction event and bidding that were being murdered. Walter was one of those people which is why he was a potential target. Despite this, Moira felt it was safe enough to invite her family to the event.

It was a few days after the moment between her and her grandparents, and Rory was getting ready to go to the auction. She was in her room at the Queen mansion, looking through her clothes when Thea walked in.