• Chapter 8 •

Third Person's POV

Laurel picked Rory up from the Queen residence on her way home from work the next day. Rory had gone to school and then came back there until her mom was done work.

Laurel took her home, back to their apartment. When they entered the apartment, Laurel quickly could tell something was wrong. The lights wouldn't turn on and the window, which was closed before, was now open.

"Stay behind me." Laurel quietly ordered her daughter, who did not argue with her. Laurel grabbed her gun from the bottom drawer of a cabinet and took the safety off.

She heard a noise behind her, so she spun around, pointing the gun at the noise. Rory moved behind her mom again, but they were both surprised to see the man in the green hood. "The Hood," in fact, was what the police were calling him.

"Hello, Laurel." The Hood greeted her. "Don't move! My daughter is here, so trust me, I will not hesitate to use this gun." Laurel threatened him.

The Hood held out his bow cautiously and then placed it down on a table next to him. "I'm not going to hurt you. Or your daughter." The Hood told Laurel.

"Stay back. My father's a cop, you are making a huge mistake." Laurel threatened him again. "I'm not the person you think I am. And I need your help. Peter Declan is gonna be be executed in 48 hours and I think he is innocent. Declan's wife was gonna blow the whistle on Jason Brodeur. Brodeur had her murdered." The Hood explained as he very slowly started approaching them.

"There are a thousand lawyers in Starling City. . . Why me?" Laurel questioned him and he was now close enough to put his hand on her gun and lower it, which is exactly what he did.

There was something familiar about him. Something safe and trustworthy. Both Laurel and Rory could feel it, which is why she didn't shoot him.

"We're both trying to help." The Hood spoke. "What makes you so sure I'm gonna help you?" Laurel asked him. "Because I know you would do anything to save the life of an innocent man." The Hood finished speaking and then turned and started walking back towards the window to leave.

Rory quickly moved to stand in front of her mom. "Mr. Hood, Sir?" She called out and The Hood stopped. "Thank you. For saving me, and my dad, and my uncle. I don't know if you remember, you do seem to deal with a lot of people, but I just wanted to thank you." Rory told him.

The Hood gave her a nod, still facing away from her, before he left, seemingly disappearing.

~~~

Two days had passed. Laurel had been obsessed with Peter Declan's case, so Rory was again, spending time at her father's place.

She was talking to Walter in the entryway when suddenly sirens were heard approaching the house. They both turned to the door in confused and police burst into the house.

"Oliver Queen." Quentin spoke as he entered the house. "You can't just barge in here." Walter spoke as Rory looked up at her two grandfathers in confusion. "Granddad, what's going on?" Rory asked Quentin.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but I have a warrant for your dad's arrest." Quentin said before walking past them. "Hey, what's going on?" Oliver demanded as he and Mr. Diggle walked into the room.

"Oliver! What's happening?" Thea exclaimed as she appeared next to the railing upstairs, looking down on the scene. Moira joined her husband and granddaughter in the entryway.

A police officer started putting Oliver in handcuffs as Quentin spoke. "Oliver Queen, you're under arrest for obstruction of justice, aggravated assault, trespassing, acting as a vigilante..."

"Are you out of your mind?" Oliver demanded while Rory shouted. "Stop this! He didn't do anything wrong!" Thea ran down the stairs to her family.

"... and murder." Quentin finished telling Oliver the charges against him and they started leading him away. "You have the right to remain silent, you give up that right . . ." The police officer's voice faded from Rory's ears as the police took Oliver outside.

Rory looked up at Moira, Walter, and Thea, frightened for her dad. Walter was already on the phone, ready to fight these accusations tooth and nail. Thea just put her arm around Rory's shoulders, pulling her into her side comfortingly.