• Prologue •

Third Person's POV

Six-year-old Aurora Queen was playing with dolls in her room of the Queen mansion when her father Oliver Queen walked in. She looked up at him as he entered.

"Hi, Daddy." Rory greeted, smiling brightly. "Hey, Kiddo." Oliver responded, sitting down on the floor next to her. "Whatcha doing?" He asked her, despite him already seeing what she was doing.

"Playing with my dolls." Rory answered before holding one out to him. "Wanna join?" She asked, hopefully. Oliver laughed good-hearteningly and took the doll from her hands.

"So, what's going on?" Oliver asked his daughter, referring to the storyline she was playing with the dolls.

"Well, this one is the princess," Rory motioned to the doll in her hands. "Everyone loves her, except her. That's the evil witch that's trying to steal her crown," Rory motioned to the doll she had handed Oliver.

"Well, that's not very nice of her." Oliver commented, smiling slightly, and Rory nodded in agreement. "Not nice at all."

Oliver played with Rory for about twenty minutes before he spoke up about what he had come into her room to tell her.

"So, listen, kiddo. Next week I'm going with Grandpa for a trip on our yacht. I'll be gone for about three weeks, but it won't feel that long." Oliver told his daughter.

Rory was a little sad, she always hated when he went on trips because she missed him, but she understood.

"Okay, Daddy. Goodbye." Rory said and Oliver smiled. "I'm not leaving now, silly." He said and she smiled back at him. "Oh, right."

Then Oliver got a text. He checked it and then stood up. "Come on, let's head downstairs. Uncle Tommy's here." He told her and Rory's smile turned into a grin. She loved when they hung out with her Uncle Tommy.

Rory got off the floor quickly and Oliver picked her up, placing her on his shoulders before heading downstairs.

~~~

A week later, Rory was in her mom's arms as they headed down to the docks to say goodbye to Oliver.

Oliver had just hung up the phone when they approached him. "Hi, what are you doing here?" He greeted them with a smile.

"You're leaving for three weeks, we wanted to come and say goodbye to you in person." Laurel explained before giving him a kiss. Rory scrunched up her face in disgust.

"Ewww..." Rory complained and her parents laughed, pulling apart. "I'm glad you both did." Oliver said, switching his gaze to his daughter.

"We brought you something, Daddy." Rory said before holding out a picture to him with a proud smile. He took it from her hands and looked at it. It was a picture of Laurel with Rory in her arms, both smiling.

"In case you get lonely overseas." Laurel explained and Oliver kissed Rory on the forehead. "Thank you." He told them, making Rory's proud smile grow even more.

"I'm going to miss you two, but I do have to get back to the boat." Oliver told them and Rory's smile faded. She was sad to see her dad leave.

"Don't worry, Kiddo. I'll be back before you know it." Oliver tried to comfort his daughter and she nodded, putting on a brave smile.

"Goodbye, Daddy." She spoke and he brushed his hand down the back of her head. "Bye, Rory." He responded before looking at Laurel.

She leaned forward and gave him one more kiss. "Bye, Oliver." She said when she pulled back. He gave her a nod and a small smile before turning and going back to the boat.

Three weeks. That's all it would be before Rory would see her father again. Or, at least, that's what she thought. In reality, it would be five years before the two would be reunited.