May 1997

Song - Oh my god by Mark Ronson and Lily Allen

I had started showing. Timothée was very excited about this, sometimes I think he's more connected to the pregnancy than I am. One of his favourite things to do now,at night, was talk to the baby- yes the baby that was still inside me.

He'd put roll up my night shirt (which was in actual fact his rolling stone one he told me he bought at age 15 and never let go of despite the fact it no longer fits him) and he'd lay a few kisses on my lower stomach before he started to talk.

"Hey baby, remember me? I'm your daddy."
I just relaxed against the pillow trying my best not to laugh at his sincerity.
"Once your here we're gonna have so much fun. I'm gonna take you to the park, the movies, teach you how to walk and talk...."

That particular night I was very tired after a long day on my feet at the restaurant. So I was just closing my eyes when Timmy said;
"Why don't you try?"
"He should know me by now he's inside of me."
"You know I bet when we go to the doctors tomorrow we're gonna find out it's a girl." He insisted.

"Oh come on I know it's a boy. I always knew I was gonna have a baby boy. Call it mother's intuition there's no way I could be wrong about this."
Timmy rolled his eyes.
"So you don't wanna talk to the baby?"
He asked now lying next to me.

"By your logic he can already hear everything I say. Which means he can probably hear all the dirty things you whisper in my ear."
"No he can't." Timothée said dismissively.
I gasped; "You just called him a he haHA."

He rolled his eyes again and lay on his back.
"Well maybe since you don't want the baby to hear. You should whisper dirty things in my ear." He said.
I rolled on top of him to his ear and said.
"I can think of a few." Before pulling on his earlobe with my teeth.

...

A small pulsing sound filled the doctors room.
"And that is the heartbeat." The doctor smiled.
"Oh my god." I said, suddenly this whole pregnancy felt real.
"Amazing isn't it?" Said the doctor.
Timothée stood next to me looking nervous as he always tended to be at these check ins.

"I can tell you the sex now if you want." Said the doctor after a few moments of listening to the baby's heartbeat.
"Oh yes please we're dying to know. I think it's a boy, he thinks it's a girl."
I explained in an excited tone.
"Well, Mr. Chalamet you're right on this one. It's a girl."

...

Walking out of the doctors office.
"You were so sure." Laughed Timothée.
"I still feel shocked. A girl? Really?"
"What's wrong with a girl?" He asked concerned.

"Well there's nothing wrong with it I just- I never got on with my mother y'know and I'd already been thinking about boys names."
"What names?"
"I thought James or something. I like James."
"Well we could always call her Jamesette." Said Timothée.

I laughed and nudged his shoulder.
"Don't worry about names we've got a long time to figure that out still. And don't worry about being like your mother either, you're not like her."
"You've never met her."
"Yeah...bug from what you've told me. You're much more loving."
"Thanks baby."

...

Dear Lois,

Just found out the sex of the baby! Cant wait for you and Kerr to arrive soon so we can tell you! Also glad to see Kerr has finally gotten over that guy! He deserves a whole lot better.
Lots of love
Y/n

A/N : this one is kinda short but I didn't really know how to end it. Also another time skip who am I?