Chapter 4 - A Beautiful Tragedy

"No!!!" Naruto screamed as he sat up immediately as he then stood in a flash, not literally. He then observed his surroundings as he saw he was in a sewer. "So I am back here," he said to himself as he started to navigate his way back to the cage that his tenant inhabited. All the while trying to push the events of Naomi's death to the darkest depths of his mind.

It didn't take him long this time to reach his tenant as he had remembered the way there from his last encounter. He then stood in front of the cage. A bone-chilling silence descended upon the mental sewer as he stared into the abyss beyond the bars. "Why did you bring me here?" he asked, with no emotion in his voice. He felt as though he was on the edge of cracking mentally despite his best attempts of keeping himself together. Suddenly a large gust of wind erupted from within the cage, followed by a sea of laughter.

"The was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Close to the night of your birth," the Kyuubi bellowed as he came right up against the cage as he laid down in front of it, all the while laughing maniacally. All of this caused Naruto's eyebrow to twitch irritably, as his fist clenched tighter and tighter.

"Almost as funny as how you got less than a minute outside before being stopped," he muttered to himself quietly but loud enough for the Kyuubi to here making him raise an eyebrow as his smirk widened.

"That woman," the Kyuubi started smugly resulting in Naruto clenching his fist harder to the point of drawing blood. "She was pathetic," he said as he began to sit up. "She was weak..." he said as he then placed his claws on the gate, glaring at the boy on the opposite side of this damn gate. But his smile widens significantly when he the boy's hands. "She died because of you," he spoke in a tone of pure bliss.

"Shut up. I won't fall your manipulations." Naruto responded emotionlessly as he looked up to stare the Kyuubi in the eye. Naruto's eyes then diluted slightly, as he started to see images. He began to hallucinate. Images of Naomi's corpse. Of his Mother's dead body. Of his Father's final moments. This played over and over again. It played on loop for what felt like an eternity as after a few minutes of these events playing replayed within the young boys head a few tears started to form in his eyes.

"... stop it. Please just stop it," he muttered to himself as his eyes started to release a constant flow of tears. Causing the Kyuubi's eyes to light up in excitement. His widened smirk was still present on his face.

"Allow me to release you from your pain child. Rip this seal off of this gate and I'll grant you the path to see and live the life you've always wanted." the Kyuubi spoke deceptively, as he could see the child's eyes turn red with a slit in the middle. "Release me." he continued as his claws dug into the metal bars of the gate's lock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hiruzen and Kakashi were just discussing what to do with Naruto when they felt an unmistakable chakra as they turned around to see red chakra leaking from the seal. The seal being visible from through the shirt the boy was wearing glowing a murderous red. As a set of small tails formed at the back of the boy's body.

"Kakashi get another set of chakra suppression seals now!" Hiruzen ordered as Kakashi body flickered in an instant. Hiruzen took off his Hokage robes as his battle armour was now on full display as he summoned his staff, the Monkey King Enma, to his side. By the time he had done this, the boy had sprouted another 2 sets of tails as the skin of the boy evaporated in the red chakra as bones formed around the boy's body. What surprised him though was the fact that he wasn't moving. He still had a level of control over himself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Naruto, his red eyes glowing ominously, walked towards the gate robotically. His feet dragged themselves against the floor as he stood still at the front of the towering gate. Suddenly, a torrent of water pushed the boy level with a piece of paper with the kanji for 'seal'.