Chapter 14 - My Precious Person

Within the darkness of the underground training ground, the crackling of lightning echoed throughout the cold stone cube. This originating in the centre of the large training ground, a young man, whose hair was as red as blood, had his right arm extended outwards, facing towards the roof, as the yellow blots of electricity danced in a calm disorder around his arm. With the bolts eventually consolidating in the palm of his right hand to form a ball of lightning, with it then slowly dissipating in a static discharge.

With said boy now breathing in a long sigh, he turned his masked face towards a pair of masked individuals. One sporting long, straight black hair and deceptive black eyes, along with the other sporting his short, spiky black hair and his emotionless brown eyes. Noticing a nod from the elder male he walked towards the pair as the young woman then switched places with him, with her now forming small bolts of electricity in the palm of her right hand, with it dancing around her hand in a more calmed melody, as opposed to the ordered chaos that lightning usually operated at.

After a few moments of the black-haired ANBU demonstrating her control over lightning, she then stopped in the same fashion as the red-headed boy, with the much smaller ball of lightning dissipating almost instantly once it had formed. With her receiving the same nod as the young man except this time, the redhead had joined her in the centre of the arena.

Standing symmetrically opposite each other, the cold ocean blue contrasting the abyss like black eyes of each other, staring into their soon-to-be opponent's eyes with no emotion being exhibited by either of them. Though as soon as their eyes locked with one another, the young woman's eyes took on a red tint along with three tomoe surrounding the pupils of her eyes, and as this transformation completed she had vanished from where she had been stood, suddenly reappearing behind the redhead with an axe directed at the young man's skull, though this was easily blocked by the boy who threw an upward kick to the now airborne ANBU.

Predicting this movement, she kicked over his now extended leg as she flew through the air and landed on her feet, to only then dash a few meters in front of her to where her staggered opponent lay, for a split second, defenceless. Though as soon as she committed to the vicious kick, her opponent regained his balance and ducked under the kicked now pressing the exposed side of her, with the chakra building in his arm and his fist, the boy delivered a furious left hook to the woman's skull sending her flying through the arena to one of the distant arena walls.

Noticing the lack of movement coming from the imprint in the wall, the boy relaxed his body as he left out a controlled sigh, as then suddenly he felt an arm wrap around his neck and under his arm. With his movement now hindered, his surroundings became more and more clear as he then saw the arms holding him in place. Though with a slight smirk under his fox mask, he poofed into smoke as the young woman lost her balance due to the sudden disappearance of her captive, only to be held in the same position from behind her.

With the boy chuckling at the woman's muttering, releasing his grasp on her as they then separated once again, only this time the pair of them drew swords. The redhead adorning a simple, sharpened katana whereas the black-haired woman held, in her hands a short-bladed tanto. With the pair now launching themselves at each other with their blades clashing with the others' in perfect harmony, the sound of the blades clashing echoed throughout the arena almost as loudly as the lightning they had manipulated only moments beforehand.

Their clashes then continued and continued for an hour, with neither of them gaining an edge over the other, though it was apparent the young woman was beyond exhausted whereas the boy was perfectly fine, only an auditable amount of breathing being discerned from his cold exterior. With the pair deciding that this was enough, sheathed their blades in sync as they then made their way back to the elder ANBU.