Chapter 9 - Mediation of the Heart

Slashes, Scratches and punches. Kicks, Stomps and Pain. Over and over again. On a constant cycle for around an hour, although the time was purely guesswork. The darkened alley and the hooded figures who were beating him were all the boy could see out of his one working eye as it all stopped, as he couldn't breathe properly, as his vision became cloudy, as he could feel the once-worn clothes being reduced to mostly tattered rags. Said clothes being stuck in a pool of his blood. His vision rapidly becomes worse and worse as he loses consciousness.

As he then wakes up in a night that changed his life forever, 'his' giant statue towering over the Fourth and his wife. And within the newly made mother was himself, completely oblivious to what was happening around him. He then felt the chains wrap around 'his' giant body as the Fourth placed the baby version of himself on the table as the Fourth did some hand signs as a claw went towards the baby, the Fourth and his wife stopped the claw with their bodies as the Fourth completed the Jutsu as a bright white light engulfed the area.

He then felt a knife in his back as he was struggling, against the arm lock he found himself in, with all his might and will to save the woman held at knifepoint in front of him. "I love you, my son." That was all she said as the knife descended upon the woman's neck as blood poured out of her throat as she then fell to the ground with a sad smile on her face, along with a few tears in her lifeless eyes. As all he saw was red as felt a malevolent chakra overcome him.

As he then felt a hug as his head rested upon the shoulder of a man. The vast expanse of the pure world made him feel at peace as he hugged the man who was hugging him, as said man's body was starting to become transparent as he fell as he looked up to his father starting to become one with the world around them as all he could hear was. "I love you, my son." As his father disappeared as he then lay slump on the ground as his eyes closed.

As then could feel himself being held up at the neck, by a guy wearing a white combat uniform who suddenly dropped him as he then noticed a chain escaping the man's abdomen as he then collapsed onto the ground dead as he too then collapsed to the ground as he then lost consciousness.

Feeling the water around his body he sat up, to see a gate in front of himself with a pair of blood-red eyes staring at him. He then stood up as he stared back at the pair of eyes glaring at him. Said pair of eyes then came closer to the cage as it reveal the fox of the nine-tailed fox. His orange fur and nine iconic tails stand tall and proud. His eyes, however, look lazy and a little fatigued with an implicit sign of annoyance as he stared at the red-headed boy in front of him.

"You know, your nightmare is getting irritating you know that?" The Kyuubi spoke calmly, as Naruto simply looked at him confused beyond measure as he scratched the back of his head apologetically. The Kyuubi then sighed as he then dragged his paw around his face. "You have to accept what happened to you. That's how you stop the nightmares." The Kyuubi said agitated, but Naruto still stood there confused, although thankful for the advice.

"But how have I having nightmares affected you?" Naruto asked respectfully, as the Kyuubi simply looked annoyed as he turned around to re-enter the darkness of his cage.

"Because you mutter in your sleep. And it wakes me up, so get your act together or else the deal is off." He said tiredly as his form then became one with the darkness. As Naruto stood there in shock and a little guilt. As he then turned to exit the mindscape as he then stopped when he was about to leave.

"I am sorry for that." That was all he said as he left the mindscape, as the Kyuubi's blood-red eyes re-opened from within the darkness, as he just sighed in response once the boy left.

"Damned boy. Making me care for a human let alone my container." He said to himself as he paused for a second as then closed his eyes. "I guess he is the one after all." The Kyuubi muttered tiredly as he then fell back to sleep.