PART 10 I Training

I was standing in front of Nat's door and wanted to knock, but just before I could, she opened the door herself.

"Fu- you scared me yn!" Natascha said in a startled voice

I couldn't help but laugh at the face she pulled when she opened the door

"Sorry, I just wanted to knock before you opened it yourself. I was awake quite early so I wanted to come here for an early training" I replied with an underlying laugh

"did you wake up early or have you just not been able to sleep anymore?" Natasha asked with a suspicious look.

"... are you going to train with me orrrr?" I said so I wouldn't have to answer her question.

"you know if you don't answer something, you still answer," Nat said as she closed her door behind her. "And yes, I will train with you"

"Well, that's easy then" I replied with a grin before leaving for the training room with Nat.

"I know it's been a while so I'll go easy on you so I don't hurt your ego," Nat said with a wink as we stood on the mat together, ready to fight each other.

"Andddd Just by saying that, there's a crack in it. Just do how you normally would" I answered with a chuckle while stretching one last time 

"Okay, don't come and complain later," Nat said as she got into a fighting position.

We made looked at each other and Nat nodded as a sign that she was ready, I nodded in agreement that I was too. It was just hand-to-hand combat and I knew Nat was better at this, but I also knew she was always waiting for me to strike first. So I wasn't going to do that now. 

Nat had a confused look for a second but quickly let it disappear and came running towards me. She immediately went for hitting me in my side. I narrowly avoided it and could hit her in the back with my elbow. She grinned when she turned and I had a bad feeling about it ...She came back running towards me and jumped into my neck, tackling me to the ground in one quick motion. I grunted from the impact it gave me but used my position as an advantage. I swiped my her leg making her fall too, I quickly went to sit on her and placed my forearm against her throat.

"Gotcha," I said with certainty that I had her.

"do you really think that?" she replied before pushing me off her effortlessly with her free arm and dropping me next to her so that she now sat on me and held me against the mat with both my arms. I tried to get away but she didn't budge. I gave in by letting myself relax on the mat while she still held me against the mat.

"fine. you win," I said in defeat while looking at Nat who hung above me with her face.

"I have to admit, I thought you were going to be worse" Nat replied with a laugh, still hanging over me.

We stayed in this position for a while until we suddenly heard a cough coming from the door. We both looked in that direction and saw Wanda standing in the doorway, Nat quickly got off me and reached her hand out to pull me up.

"yeah uh- good training yn," Nat said in an awkward voice.

"uh, thanks! You too" I replied in an equally embarrassing way.

"Um okay, this isn't awkward at all. But Nat, has Yn asked if you want to come with on Friday?" Wanda asked, clearly catching the weird mood.

"No? What's Friday?" Nat asked curiously.

"Oh, sorry I completely forgot to ask! Wanda and I thought it was time for the 3 of us to do something together like we used to. So we wanted to go to our go-to club. You don't really have a choice, you're coming." I answered in a still exhausted voice from the short fight.

"oh is that so?" Nat said, looking at me with her one eyebrow raised.

"uhu, right Wanda?" I replied, looking at Wanda.

"oh yeah! you have absolutely no choice" Wanda said confirming, with a laugh.

"Okay, looks like we're going out Friday then," Natascha said.

"yay! oh guys it's gonna be so much fun" Wanda replied with a leap of joy before leaving the room.

Nat and I both laughed at how happy Wanda was. We had trained for about 3 hours afterward and I started to feel the effect of not training for a while.

"Okay! okay! I get it, you with your Russian blood can apparently never get exhausted" I said wearily as I lay on the mat.

"I think it's time we call it quits for today, I don't want you to die here Yn," Nat answered with a small laugh

"yes, yes I think that's a good idea ... can you help me up, I feel like my muscles are made of jelly," I asked in a dramatic voice

"you're an idiot," Nat said, standing behind me and putting her arms under mine to help up.

After training, I went to my room to shower and Nat told me she was going to help Steve with something.

It was only 2PM and I didn't really have anything to do so I went for a walk in the tower. I noticed that some things had changed, not big ones but just big enough that they stood out. Here and there new works of art had been placed, a wall was painted in a ...very ugly color. I was looking at the wall until I saw a flash pass me by.

"interesting wall yn?" Pietro's voice spoke next to me.

"Who in their right mind chose this color??" I asked in a disgusted voice.

"That should be Steve, it reminded him of his 'favorite diner back in the day'" Pietro told me as he imitated Steve's voice.

"It's ugly," I replied

"I know" Pietro responded in agreement.