PART 33 I Testing

No matter how hard I tried to get some sleep, it didn't work. Nats on the other hand were more than capable of this. She was snoring quietly next to me in the hospital bed, it was quite amusing to watch. Looking at her like that, gave me a kind of calm. I should freak out about what happened, but I know she's always going to be there, no matter what. Whatever it is that's happening to me, I'm going to figure it out with her. I planted a soft kiss on her head and closed my eyes, trying another attempt at falling asleep.

I may have closed my eyes, but I was conscious for the whole night. Time seemed to pass quickly as my closed eyelids turned a lighter shade. I opened them carefully and was greeted with the morning sun shining through the blinds of the room. So much for a night's sleep.

Nat's body moved a bit and I closed my eyes in a reflex. Seconds later I felt short soft kisses being planted on my jaw, making me hum in satisfaction.

"Goodmorning to you too" I whispered with a growing smile on my face.

"Goodmorning" I sensed that she was looking at me, so I opened my eyes, meeting hers. She had a smile, but I saw the hidden worriednes in her eyes.

"I feel okay," I said in an attempt to assure her. It wasn't a lie, I felt okay. No loud noises, normal vision, it was just me. Her eyes were scanning every inch of my face, which I can only think is some sort of method to see if I was lying. "Nat, I'm okay" I put the palm of my hand against her cheek, making her look back into my eyes. I tried to look at her in a way that could make her see that I was telling the truth. She leaned into my hand and let out a sigh.

"Promise you'll tell me when it isn't" I took my hand briefly away from her cheek and tucked a strand of hair that hung in front of her face behind her ear, letting my hand rest again on her cheek.

"I promise, now I would really appreciate it if you would kiss me" I pouted as I glanced down from her eyes to her lips. She let a chuckle escape her mouth and leaned in, one hand resting on my jaw before planting her lips on top of mine.

"Uhum" I pulled back from Nat's lips and looked over her shoulder in the direction of the cough. 

"Sorry to interrupt, but I think it's a good idea to do some testing now. The sooner we start, the sooner we know what's going on." Bruce spoke, looking everywhere except me and Nat. "That is if you are up for it, of course, I understand if you need a little more time" he added.

"Uhm no, it's alright just give me 5 minutes" I replied, giving him a smile to which he nodded and left the room again. I looked back at Nat who was already looking at me. "What is it?"

"Are you really sure you want to be poked with needles right now? Don't you think you need to rest a bit?" Her hand glided carefully over my face, pushing a strand of hair away from my eyes.

"It's like Banner said, 'The sooner we start, the sooner we know what's going on'. It'll be fine, trust me" I took her hand and planted a kiss on it.

"Okay, but I'm going to stay here."

"Thank you" I gave her a smile as I watch her get out of bed. Even though this bed was not made for two to lie in at all, I already miss her presence next to me. God, I love her.

-

"Tell me the pain you feel on a scale of 10," Bruce said as he poked my arm with some kind of...well pokey thing. Nat stood next to my bed, observing everything that's happening.

"zero" I answered and he nodded before poking somewhere else. "zero" I answered again. This time he frowned for a moment, but long enough for me to notice. I decide to not say anything of it, and just keep going. He poked again, this time it felt a bit annoying, but still not painful at all. "zero on pain, but 3 on annoyance."

"Are you sure you don't feel any pain at all?" Bruce said, his words holding some kind of confused sound.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Why?" He looked at me but just turned around to walk to the table with different tools.

"Bruce, what's wrong?" Nat joined in the conversation.

"It's just uhm- I just want to test something," he answered, his back still turned to us. I looked at Nat, who had the same confused look on her face. "Okay, YN, I need you to close your eyes for a second." I did as I was asked, and closed my eyes.

"Bruce what are you-" "I'm testing a theory" Nat started to speak before Bruce interrupted her. I'm really fighting the urge to open my eyes right now. I want to know what is happening.

"Bruce I swear to god if you hurt her I will personally make sure you will-"

"Nat it's alright, let him do whatever he needs to do" I interrupted her myself now.

"This is going to be exactly the same, just tell me on a scale of 10 your pain" Bruce talked, making me only now realize he's standing next to my bed. "You ready?" I took a deep breath and nodded. I prepared myself for a pain of any kind. But instead of a feeling of pain, it was like someone was tickling me.

"Stop!!!" I screamed as I was laughing at the feeling. The tickling stopped and I opened my eyes, still laughing a bit. "What does tickling have to do with whatever I have??" I looked at Bruce, whose eyes were big as he stared at me. "Bruce?"

"You did not just laugh at him tasering you," Nat said, her eyes the same size as Bruce's. "You should be passed out."

"Ha Ha, very funny. Trust me, I know what a Taser feels like, it wasn't." I shrugged it off with a short laugh, but then Bruce held his hand up, wiggling a taser in it. "Oh"

---------------

Hi again! 

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter. 

Hope you like it!