kissing in the rain

"Did you have fun?" Wheein asked as she swung your intertwined hands back and forth as you strolled through the city.

You're on your first date night in weeks. You've been impatiently waiting for one of these nights to come around. To see those stars in her eyes, to steal sweet kisses from her lips, and soak in the sight of her beautiful smile that has yet to fall tonight.

She's been so busy lately. It feels like the only time you've had together is when she gets home from practice or the studio, which isn't usually until late.

By then, you're both so worn out that you only have the energy to form a conversation about asking how each other's day was and then stealing a peck and saying your 'I love you's' before you'd fall asleep, cuddling and wishing the time would slow down.

But now it all feels worth it because you've had her by your side for the entire day.

You shared a home-cooked breakfast this morning, watched a good movie, spent time curled up in her arms as you just vented, and talked about how much you miss each other.

There's still time left to spend together, but Wheein had taken you out for dinner at one of your favorite places.

It was romantic, despite the fact that it was starting to get a little late in the evening. It was dark, but not because the sun was down yet. In fact, the sun hadn't even been out today. It's been cloudy, with a little wind. But neither of you minded.

"You know I did." You answered and laid your cheek on her shoulder for a second before you moved to brush your lips along her arm. "I missed these moments with you. It was perfect. The food was amazing and I'm so happy I got to have some time with my favorite girl."

She gave you a little kiss on your cheek as you continued to stroll along the streets together.

"I feel the exact same way. Now, what should we do next? Are you up for a walk through the park, maybe?"

Before you even had the chance to answer, you heard a crash of thunder in the distance. You both jumped as it began to sprinkle a little.

"Well, guess that's out," Wheein mumbled, making you giggle. "Okay. How does a movie night and cuddles sound? Maybe we can play some games too."

"I like the sound of that." You said and then started to walk a little faster down the sidewalk. "Now, let's walk a little faster. Home isn't far from here and I wanna get there before it pours."

But only a moment later, the rain began to fall harder. You tugged at Wheein's hand, dragging her a little faster than before and all she could do was giggle.

You weren't far from home now, only a block or so away. You thought you'd just keep running until your shared home came into view and you'd go inside, change into your pajamas, and cuddle close.

But Wheein suddenly stopped walking, causing you to do the same. You turned back to face her, only for her to raise your hand over your head and spin you around with a bright smile on her face.

She dropped your hand to put her arm around you instead. She hugged you close, her hand remaining on the small of your back as she ran her fingertips along your soaked skin.

"What are you doing?" You chuckled, only for your breath to hitch when you saw the sparkles in her eyes and watched them move from yours and down to your lips.

"There's something I've been wanting to do with you."

She cupped your cheek with her other hand and moved in for a kiss from your lips. She pushed them onto yours in a passion, only to slow down and kiss you slow and sweetly.

Despite the rain continuing to pour down and soak your clothes, you found yourself melting into her. You laced your fingers through her hair, your other hand behind her neck so you could push her closer.

After a moment of melting into each other and relishing in the taste of each other's lips, she slowly pulled away.

She was breathless as she dropped her forehead onto yours, finding her heart fluttering in her chest as she realized she'd finally gotten to kiss you in the rain; like she's been waiting for.

"That was better than I ever imagined it being, which says a lot because I imagined this moment with you quite often." She said and leaned into peck your lips, only for you to grin against hers.

"You have?"

"Of course I have. There's no one else I'd rather share a moment like this with. So romantic, and you look so beautiful." She said and pecked your lips once more, a little longer than the last, but not nearly as long as the kiss you shared before.

"Let's go home and warm up."

You nodded and walked home with her, arm in arm with a big smile on your face and butterflies in your chest.