you're exhausted (requested)

"Hi, sweet girl." Wheein smiled as you walked into the bedroom.

You looked at her with tired eyes before sending her a small smile.

Dropping your bag onto the floor, you dragged your feet across the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

Before you got home a moment ago, Wheein had been busy texting Hwasa about tomorrow's schedule, and although it was a bit of an important conversation, seeing how tired you looked became more of a priority to her.

She put her phone on the nightstand and scooted to the edge of the bed, swinging her legs over it as she sat down next to you.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she put her hand on your shoulder.

"Nothing." You quietly answered.

But Wheein knows you better than that.

It's easy to see that you're not feeling all that well when you looked so exhausted and you were so quiet.

"That's not true." She said as she put her cheek on your shoulder and stared at you with soft eyes. "You look so tired."

You lowered your head and closed your eyes as a shaky breath left your lips.

"I'm not tired. I'm exhausted." You confessed. "I'm feeling so exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally. I feel overwhelmed and I just can't take it anymore."

"What's got you feeling this way?"

"Work." You said quietly as you put your head on her shoulder, feeling a little flutter in your heart as she put her head on yours. "It's a lot to handle. I like my job but it can get so stressful. I'm so exhausted and I feel like I'm going to fall apart at any moment."

"If you do, I'll catch you." She whispered as she kissed your head. "It's okay to feel that way. It's understandable that you feel so exhausted. You work a lot and it's starting to catch up with you."

You nodded in agreement and then sighed before looking at her.

"You look as though if you lay down and put your head on the pillow, you could see for a year."

"I could." You chuckled "I'm that exhausted, I think you may actually be right about that."

She sent you a sad smile and brushed her fingers through your hair as you put your head back on her shoulder.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" She asked as she held you in her arms.

"I don't know." You said as you closed your eyes. "I just want to rest. I want to lay down and have you hold me and make everything better."

"Then I'll do that." She said, holding you a little tighter. "We can lay down and cuddle and I won't let you go until you want me to."

You lifted your head from her shoulder and stared into her eyes as she gently pushed you onto the bed.

Laying down beside you, she put her head on the pillow beside yours and gently raised her hand to caress your cheek.

"I don't ever want you to let me go." You replied. "Just keep holding me."

You felt so mentally and emotionally exhausted that feeling the comfort of her arms around you almost made tears appear in your eyes.

You felt so warm and so safe and having her so close to you made everything on your mind fade away.

"It's okay if you want to take a little nap. I'll wake you up in a bit. For now, just relax. I've got you."

You felt the exhaustion ease slightly as she brought the blankets up to your shoulders and brushed her lips across your forehead a few times.

You needed this.

It felt so nice to feel so secure.

You melted against her and closed your eyes as she began to rub your back.

"In a few days, I'll have a day off from my schedule. Things will start to slow down a little. You'll take that day off too. Just look forward to that. Keep holding on because it won't be that long and that whole day, I'll hold you just like this."

You cracked a small smile, looking forward to that day.

"I love you so much. Thank you for making me feel better."

"I love you more, darling." She said. "I know I haven't made it all better. I know you're still exhausted. But that'll change soon. Just relax. I won't let you go." She promised and held you a little closer, a little tighter.

You drifted off to sleep, feeling warm and safe in her embrace as you did so.