chapter 7

It isn’t that hard boy to like you or love you
I’d follow you down down down You’re unbelievable
If you’re going crazy just grab me and take me
I’d follow you down, down, down, anywhere anywhere

The next few weeks passed by relatively stress free since Harry had finished Uni for the term and Christmas was rapidly approaching. He was picking up some more shifts at the bakery, meaning quite a few early mornings but he needed the money and wasn’t afraid to work for it. It was easier now he had a car as he didn’t have to walk in the freezing cold morning temperatures, but getting out of Louis’ bed was still a struggle. They had talked about Harry moving in and had decided to do it after Christmas, since there was just too much going on before then to sort things out. Harry was going to pack up the rest of his things at his parents over Christmas and get them sent to Louis’ in January, making everything seem much more official, but honestly he couldn’t wait.

He’d just finished another shift at the bakery and was shoving a paper bag full of treats into his rucksack, some for Niall and some for Louis. He’d arranged to meet Niall for a pint at the pub that night, since he felt he hadn’t seen much of his best friend lately. Niall had been seeing one of the girls he’d met at the club and while Harry was happy for him, he did miss the chats they had when they lived in dorms. He waved bye to the ladies behind the counter and headed out to his car, flinging his bag onto the passenger seat and roaring out into the road, keen to not be late to pick up Niall.

Several hours later, Harry walked in the front door at Louis’, hanging up his big winter coat on the gorgeous stand by the front door, kicking off his boots as he trudged in. His hair was damp from the rain and he walked into the sitting room, grinning as he laid eyes on Louis, curled up in the corner of the sofa with his laptop, glasses perched on his nose. Harry knew he must have had a long day since he usually wore his contacts, only resorting to glasses when he was really tired. Harry loved them though, thought they made Louis look even hotter and he wished he wore them more often.

Louis looked up at Harry as he heard him coming over and he smiled, quickly closing the lid of his laptop, popping it under the sofa as Harry climbed into his lap. He didn’t mind that he was smaller than Harry and it was a bit awkward until they found their usual position, but there was something lovely about the way Harry needed this from Louis, the comfort and feeling of being held. Louis snuggled into Harry’s warm body, loving the feel of Harry’s cheek resting on his chest.

“Had a good time with Niall, love?” Louis asked, carding his fingers through Harry’s damp curls, separating them so they wouldn’t dry into a big knot. Harry nodded, closing his eyes against Louis. The fire was burning away and was filling the room with a warm glow and Harry didn’t ever want to move again. He felt Louis shift slightly before the weight of a blanket covered him up, keeping him toasty and warm.

“Yeah, was good to see him and have a chat. Told him I’m moving in here after Christmas, he was really happy for us,” Harry said, muffled slightly by Louis’ jumper up against his mouth. “Gonna miss him but he can come around for dinner and stuff, yeah?”

“Course, babe,” Louis said. “Your home, too, have who you like round.” Louis leant forward and kissed Harry softly, flicking the TV over to watch one of their favourite shows. “You wanna head to bed while I watch this, love? You seem really tired.”

“Nah, wanna stay here and cuddle you,  Lou,” Harry said in a low voice, telling Louis that he was just minutes from sleep. Louis’ eyes flicked back to the TV, snuggling back against the sofa, letting Harry relax fully on his body. He felt sleep overtake his tired boyfriend as he became lax against Louis, snoring softly and Louis realized he had own little corner of heaven there on the sofa.
*****