chapter 15

I'm always craving
That feeling when we kiss
The way your body moves
No matter how much I get
I'm always craving you

A few weeks after their engagement party, the wedding planning was in full swing. Harry been keen to set a date so they’d traipsed around venues together, deciding on a quaint little church. Louis had worried that it was too small, but Harry had confided that although they had the money to throw a big, lavish wedding, that wasn’t he wanted. He was keen for their wedding to be a small, intimate affair with just their closest friends and family. Louis loved the idea and agreed, letting Harry pick the church that made him happiest. They found a gorgeous one just a few miles from their home, and had booked their wedding date.

Louis was a little concerned about it being so close to Christmas, but Harry was desperate to be married before the end of the year, so they’d agreed and paid the deposit for the church and vicar. The man they’d met was lovely, completely open-minded about the fact that they were in a same-sex relationship, and was keen to marry them after seeing how deeply they loved each other. They shook the vicar’s hand and left, hands laced together as they walked through the churchyard, lit by the early Autumn sunshine.

“It’s perfect love, you did good,” Louis said, tugging Harry closer to his body as they walked, coming to a stop at a bench, pulling Harry down next to him, loving how Harry nestled into his side as he put his head on Louis’ shoulder. “I know this sounds daft but it all feels real now. We’re really getting married, you’re going to be my husband. I can’t wait Harry.”

Harry lifted his head and smiled at Louis. “You sure you like the church? I mean, you know I do but I only want to do it if you’re happy too, Lou.”

“I am baby, don’t worry. I think it’ll look beautiful in December too, especially if we’re lucky enough to get a bit of a snow. Love you, you know.” He pecked Harry’s lips softly as they sat together, the sun warming their backs. “Have you had a think about what the Vicar said about vows? Do you want traditional ones, or maybe write something ourselves?”

“Um, I wanna think about that if that’s okay. Don’t want to make a rash decision and get it wrong. You got a preference?” Harry gazed up at Louis then, squinting in the sunshine which made Louis grin even harder at him. He loved when Harry’s eyes crinkled and he scrunched his nose up like that.

“Anything you want baby, you know that. Ready to go home now?” Harry nodded and Louis stood up, pulling Harry with him to his feet. They walked slowly back to Harry’s car, chatting along the way until they got in, Harry dozing off on the drive home since he’d had an early shift at the bakery that morning. Louis stopped the car outside the house and gently shook Harry’s arm, trying to wake him up. “Harry love, we’re home, up you get.” Harry stirred and stretched, making his top ride up, exposing a thin slither of skin between the bottom of his t-shirt and jeans, Louis shivering at the sight. He never could get enough of his fiancé so he leant over, running a finger over the line of exposed stomach.

Harry smiled up at that and winked before climbing out of the car, heading indoors to the warm. He curled up on the sofa, smiling as Callie hopped up, walking around in a circle on Harry’s lap until she settled herself across his thighs, dropping into another sleep. Louis brought them through cups of tea and sat next to Harry, stroking their cat’s soft head as he started speaking. He got up for a second and returned with something for Harry.

Harry’s eyes lit up as he realised what it was. “Wedding magazines!” he said eagerly, making grabby hands at Louis, who happily handed them over. “I must show you all the stuff I marked in the other magazines, there are some amazing ideas, I can’t wait to get things sorted,” he said with a smile as he started flicking through the glossy pages, oohing and aahing over handsome suits, amazing looking cakes and beautiful floral displays. “Ooh look at these flowers Lou, they’re gorgeous!”