chapter 17

Yours was the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
I don't know where I am, I don't know where I've been
But I know where I want to go

The next morning, Harry woke up with a hot and sweaty Louis curled around him, an arm thrown over his waist deep under the soft covers. Harry smiled to himself, happy to finally wake up with Louis again after a long week apart and he felt back at home again. He reached forwards to gently grab his phone, lighting up the display with the touch of a finger to see the time. He groaned lowly when he saw it was only 6.30am and he cuddled back in, keen to get back to sleep.

An hour later, sleep hadn’t come and Harry was frustrated. He tried to slide out of bed without waking Louis but instead a hand gripped his wrist as he tried to remove Louis’ tight grip from his torso.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Louis rumbled in his morning voice, slightly lower than it usually was. “Not letting you go ever, ever again.” Harry laughed and let Louis pull him close, just pleased to feel Louis’ touch again after what had felt like forever.

“Just need the loo baby, can’t very well take you with me can I?” Louis looked over to Harry from under his lashes and shrugged.

“Wouldn’t be the first time, and it’s not like either of us has anything to hide,” he said in a soft voice, leaning forward to capture Harry's lips in a soft kiss. “Just want to spend all my time with you now. Being without you hurt too much. Hated it. Couldn’t even be in this house without you.”

“I know,” Harry said softly, pushing the duvet away and climbing out of the bed. “But you won’t have to be, not ever again love. I promise. But Lou, if you don’t let me get to the bathroom right now, chances are we might be dabbling in something I don’t think either of us are particularly into…” he tailed off, shrieking as Louis swatted his bare bum before he could step away, his laughter echoing from where he laid on the bed.

An hour later they were both awake and in bed again, eating the toast Harry had made them both. They’d had another long chat about the night before, Harry struggling to hold back his laughter when Louis went to get up and stilling very suddenly at the pain in his backside. Louis had thrown him a filthy look and waddled his way out of the room, returning with a couple of cups of tea balanced in his hands.

“I’m gonna go see Niall today,” Harry said, blowing on the hot liquid gently to cool it down. “I owe him a huge apology. I was horrible to him, Lou. I basically accused him of not being my friend because he believed you, and I kicked him out. I felt bad then but I feel worse now knowing he was right. I need to clear the air.” Louis nodded and bent to kiss Harry’s warm lips.

“I understand love. I think that’s a good idea. You two are too close to not talk it out. Want to go alone, I take it?” Harry nodded. “I’ll go back and get my stuff from mums then while you’re gone. Back here for lunch?”

“Definitely. I’ll pick something up on the way home.

*****

Later that day, Harry pulled his car up in the car park of Niall’s dorm. He took a deep breath before he got out, feeling nervous about speaking to his friend, only hoping he’d be forgiven. He waited for someone to leave before heading inside, not really wanting Niall to know he was there until he arrived on his doorstep, so Harry knew Niall would have to hear him out.

He rapped on the wood lightly, sighing with relief as he heard someone move about inside. The lock turned and the door was dragged open, Niall’s eyes widening as he saw Harry's figure standing there.

“Hey. Um, I wondered if you wanted to go grab a coffee or something?” Harry said, nervously twiddling his newly replaced engagement ring around on his finger, glancing up to see Niall nod.