eighteen

VIOLET was this close to ripping her boyfriend's head off. Her, Hawk, Miguel, and Aisha were at the movies, her and Hawk sitting next to each other. And for the past two minutes or so, Hawk would throw a milk dud at her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Violet heard Aisha ask Miguel.

"I can't stop thinking about what Sensei told me about Sam's dad."

Hawk scoffed. "So Sensei and Sam's dad had some beef. What that have to do with you?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" Miguel asked frustratedly. "Sam's dad hates Cobra Kai, I'm a part of Cobra Kai. So by the transitive property, Sam's dad is gonna hate me."

"Jesus Christ, you're such a nerd," Hawk groaned quietly. Violet smacked his arm.

"There's nothing wrong with nerds."

Hawk only rolled his eyes.

"I'm telling you, it's not just in my mind. Sam was acting weird the other day when her dad walked by."

"Mm, listen," Aisha started, "I've known Mr. LaRusso since third grade. He's a really nice guy, you just have to talk to him."

This did not comfort Miguel at all, though.

"I haven't even been invited over yet. She's probably too afraid to introduce me."

"Dude, just go over there. It's an alpha move," Hawk said cockily, readying himself to throw another milk dud at his girlfriend. Except this time, she was prepared.

When he threw the dud, Violet angrily smacked it away. Unfortunately, it flew right into another man's head. A large man's head.

The man stood up furiously. Hawk panicked, grabbed Violet's face, and pulled her into what quickly became a make-out session.

Okay, so maybe the milk dud thing wasn't totally horrible after all.

"Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better."

Miguel shook Demetri off. "Told you I'm not hungry, man."

"I still think you're overreacting," Demetri said, making Violet nod to him.

"Yeah, come on, Miguel. Just talk to her. It might just be some huge misunderstanding."

"Look, I know what I saw, okay?"

"Alright, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode," Hawk spoke from his sparring with Bert, a younger boy in the dojo. He harshly kicked Bert to the ground and walked over.

Violet checked to see if the small boy was okay, saw him moving, and turned back.

"It's probably just her brother or something," Hawk continued, wrapping an arm around Violet's shoulders.

Miguel shook his head adamantly. "No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that."

"Depends on what part of the country you're in," Demetri said, shrugging. Violet snickered.

"Look, I just don't want what happened to Sensei to happen to me."

"Alright, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance," Hawk suggested.