forty one

WHEN Sam and Miguel told Violet about their plan to get Miyagi-do and Eagle Fang to join forces to overthrow Cobra Kai, Violet agreed immediately. Which is what led her to sitting on a couch in the LaRusso's living room with the rest of Miyagi-do.

Demetri sighed, breaking the silence.

"Well, this Christmas party's turning out to be ho-ho-horrible."

"Yeah, Sam. I thought you said your parents were out for the night. So why aren't we throwing a rager?" Chris asked.

"There's a keg on the way. It'll just be a few minutes," Sam lied.

"Can we at least put on a Christmas special? I'd even watch that creepy one with the little elf dentist."

Violet gave Demetri a weirded-out look.

"Yeah, I'm that bored," he said in response to her look.

The doorbell rang; Sam perked up.

"It's here," she said, hurrying to the door along with the others.

But when Sam opened the door, they were met with the rest of the Eagle Fang dojo, not a keg.

"Oh, hell no! You gotta be kidding me," Chris exclaimed, giving the others a dirty look. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"This isn't a keg party . . . I bought this hat for nothing?" Mitch said, throwing his hat on the floor.

"Wait. You Parent Trapped us?" Demetri asked, staring at his three friends. "Why?"

"Look, I know we haven't always gotten along, but Cobra Kai is the bigger threat now. To all of us," Sam told everyone.

"We think we'd stand a better chance if we joined forces," Miguel added. Violet nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Two dojos are stronger than one. Plus, we've all done shitty things to each other."

"Yeah, like break Demetri's arm?" Chris asked, staring at Mitch.

"You started that!"

"After you almost got me fired!"

And just like that, the others joined in on the bickering.

"God, I hate your stupid face so much."

"If you died, I wouldn't attend your funeral."

Violet rubbed her temples and sighed, "This isn't gonna work."

"It has to," Sam insisted. "Listen, guys!"

The shouting ceased, and they all stared at Sam expectantly.

"We have one last chance to make things right," Sam continued. "Alone, we're nothing, but if we work together, we have a shot. If we can't get over the past, the fighting will never end. We have to confront our enemies."

The group exchanged a wary glance.

"This rivalry has to stop. One way or another."

The Miyagi-do's and Eagle Fang's still didn't want to work together. Chris was sure that it would never happen because the styles of karate were too different, which wasn't wrong, but it didn't mean it wouldn't work at all. Not even a second later, Mitch and Chris were arguing again and the Eagle Fang's got up to leave.

"Hey, pussies!" Demetri shouted. Violet looked at her friend wide-eyed, shocked at his outburst. "This is what those assholes at Cobra Kai want. Since you were one of 'em, you're an asshole."