TWT: Chapter Twelve

Cordelia woke up at dawn the next morning and by 6:00 she was barreling down the stairs to the kitchen. Remus and Sirius were sitting at the counter looking absolutely exhausted but when they saw how happy their daughter looked, they smiled a little.

"Morning Pup." said Sirius. "Your Pa made eggs and bacon, hurry up and eat, I'll get dressed and we can be on our way." Cori sat down next to Remus to eat her breakfast and she was almost vibrating with excitement. No less than 10 minutes later Remus, Sirius, and Cori had Apparated into the Weasley's front lawn. The three of them strolled up to the large house and Cori knocked on the door quickly, Molly Weasley opened the door looking tired but as soon as she saw the Lupin-Blacks, her face broke into an ear splitting grin.

"Coridelia, Remus, Sirius. How good to see you. Come in, come in." she said ushering the small family through the front door and into the kitchen where Cori could see Harry, Ron, and Mr. Weasley eating breakfast.

"Thank you for having her Molly." Thanked Remus. "She was so excited when she got the letter. We'll meet you at King's Cross on the first with her trunk to see her off, she already has all of her school supplies for this year so there is no need to worry about that." Then Remus turned to look at Cori.

"You be good, Cub. Don't give Molly too much trouble, we'll see you in a few days. We love you." Remus bent down to give Cori and moved out of the way for Sirius to say goodbye.

"Be safe, Cori, and I better not hear about any boys when I see you next week, got it." Cori turned bright red as her dad winked at her and pulled her in for a quick hug and kiss on the top of her head before him and Remus walked back down the lawn and Disapparated back home.

"Cori dear." Cori turned to look at Mrs. Weasley. "I know you've just gotten here, of course." She said. "But Fred and George have yet to make an appearance this morning and I know that they'll come down if you go get them, would you mind?"

Cordelia smiled. "Of course not, Mrs. Weasley." To tell you the truth Cordelia had already been trying to make up some excuse to see the twins and happily walked up the stairs to where she knew the twins would be.

Cordelia walked in their room without knocking, seeing two books on the floor she picked them up and went to stand in the middle of the room before clapping them together and yelling. "TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!" Fred fell out of his bed while George rolled over sleepily. Upon seeing Cori, both of the brothers broke into large grins and ran at her, tackling her in a large bear hug.

Cori giggled, "get off of me you big lumps." she laughed. "Your mum told me to come and get you for breakfast, we have to be leaving soon."

Fred and George gathered themselves and told Cordelia to go and wait in the hall for them so that they could get dressed and minutes later the three of them were down in the kitchen. It took them about 5 minutes to eat and then the whole family plus Harry, Hermione, and Cori were marching out of the house and across the lawn.

As they walked they fell into conversation. "What sort of objects are Portkeys?" said Harry curiously.

"Well, they can be anything," said Mr. Weasley. "Unobtrusive things, obviously, so Muggles don't go picking them up and playing with them . . . stuff they'll just think is litter. . . ." The sky lightened very slowly as they made their way through the village.

They made it to their destination quite quickly. "Well, we've made good time — we've got ten minutes. . . . Now we just need the Portkey," said Mr. Weasley, replacing his glasses and squinting around at the ground. "It won't be big. . . . Come on . . ."

They spread out, searching. They had only been at it for a couple of minutes, however, when a shout rent the still air. "Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"