five

The door opened and Korra walked in. She crossed the room and crawled into the shared bed with (Name), wrapping an arm around her waist.

To say (Name) was not happy was a massive understatement. She grumbled and buried her face into Korra’s neck. Korra wasn’t supposed to be here. She shouldn’t have been here. Not on their wedding day. Not a day that could determine how well the rest of their lives together were. That was not the case to Korra.

“The wedding hall is now unavailable. The pipes froze last night,” she said.

Tears sprang to (Name’s) eyes. Everything was getting ruined, one thing at a time. A day she’d spent nearly a year planning was falling apart all at once.

“What are we going to do?” she whined.

“We’re going to get married downstairs,” Korra replied.

(Name) stared at her, eyes hard as she dared the other to say anything further.

“We’ll get married in the lobby. It’s beautiful and most of our guests are there anyways.”

(Name) laid back down in bed, pulling the blankets over her head.

"We can’t get married down there! It has to be perfect! Everything has to be perfect! We have to start off our lives together right!”

No one said anything for a bit, but when Korra opened his mouth, she had changed (Name’s) mind in an instant.

"We’ve been together for five years. We’ve lived together for a year and a half. Every single day with you has been perfect. We fight, we make up, we enjoy one another,” she began.

(Name) wasn’t listening yet.

“I just know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You’re it. You’re the only one. You’re my one. Nothing is ever going to change that. I could marry you in a fancy plaza or in an apartment lobby. Where I marry you is fine because you’re the one I’m marrying,” Korra continued.

(Name) didn’t respond for a few long seconds, but when she did, it was to press a soft kiss to Korra’s lips and to wrap her arms around the female's waist.

“Let’s get married,” (Name) whispered, nuzzling against her.

And so they did. They’d been married in the lobby of the hotel, white lilies replaced the generic ones, a freshly cleaned carpet led the way to the altar placed by two large windows.

(Name) had walked in the lobby doors from outside, snowflakes blowing in after her. She hadn’t learned how ethereal they’d made her look until Korra told her later.

She walked in, her favorite blue dress catching rays of the fading sunlight through the windows as she walked to Korra, her future wife.

They said their vows and kissed, sealing the deal in front of the officiant, their families, and all of their closest friends that loved them enough to venture out in the cold for a lobby wedding that went nothing like it was suppose to.