eight

One afternoon, Asami was back to the adoption agency interviewing with couples, most of which she didn’t trust. She had long since began hoping that she would find the right parents for her babies, when she ran across their names.

There was no question after that.
(Name) remembered opening the door one Saturday. Asami hadn’t told them she was coming over, so she was still adorned in her pink apron she denied owning, covered in flour from the cookies she’d been baking.

She invited her inside, helping her to the couch and Korra came out from the bedroom, a look of worry etched into her face as she placed the papers she’d been grading on the coffee table.

That evening, Asami told them about her seeking parents to adopt her child. She told them that they were who she’d picked, if they accepted.
The couple had never been happier. Finally, they would have a child of their own to care for and adore.

They went down to the adoption agency to sign some papers and began stocking their apartment with clothes, cribs, and more as they prepared to finally fill their spare room with a baby.

A week later, they got the call. Asami was in labor and already at the hospital with her parents. The couple rushed to the hospital, waiting outside as they waited for the outcome of the labor.

It was a long process. The two sat in uncomfortable chairs for hours as they waited for the announcement.
When it finally came, it was filled with great tidings. A beautiful baby girl was placed in (Name’s) arms.

A face as beautiful as her mothers. The couple gazed down at her, (Name’s) arms holding her securely, as they watched her smile for the very first time.

Asami asked to hold her daughter once, giving the girl a soft kiss before handing her to Korra. Asami wished them well, knowing the two would take good care of her precious child.

(Name) and Korra went home that afternoon, a baby swaddled in pink blankets and grinning at the bright new world. They named her Joy. A name they would never regret.