CHAPTER 03: ALONE

I SAT COMFORTABLY IN the luxurious lounging room, reading a book about history to which Medea recommended to me herself. "Your Highness, there is an invitation sent from Marquess Horen's daughter. It is her birthday banquet,"

A servant stepped forward, lowering their gaze. My gaze darted towards them, as I gestured my hand for them to lift their head. "I'm busy, kindly write an declination letter to her invitation."

The servant paused, before nodding. "It shall be done, Your Highness." He exited my chamber, as I placed the book down.

An amused grin appeared on my face, reaching for the porcelain cup with warm rose chamomile tea poured inside. Another loud knock was heard, halting.

"Your Highness, it is I Eva Rubine." My ears perked up at the light, gentle voice. Recognizing it to be one of my lady in waiting. "Eva, you may enter."

I placed the cup down, crossing my legs. Her blonde tresses, with jade eyes that naturally attracted attention. She was also recognized as my trusted lady in-waiting.

"Your Highness, I'm delighted to see you again." Her lips tugged upwards in a warm smile, showing genuineness in her jade eyes. I gestured to the couch infront of me, to which she swiftly caught on.

Eva sat, in a modest manner. Placing her hands on her lap, "Are you still willing to work for me, again?"

I questioned calmly, a blank expression painted over my face. "Of course, I had already bowed to serve you for as long as I live."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eva answered with no hesitation, sounding determined. The blue haired princess had a satisfied smile on her face, "In return for your determination, I shall give you a gift."

Asteria intertwined both her hands together, "I heard Countess Rubine is severely ill?"

"The expenses are far too expensive for all of you to handle correct? I can cover every last money you need." Asteria twirled her dark tresses repeatedly, Eva's eyes lit up yet looked quite shock.

"In one condition," Eva nodded, urging for her to continue. "Please do this for me,"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I WALKED DOWN THE CEMETERY, a dark hooded cloak wrapped around my body as I pulled my hood up a tad bit more. My eyes landed on a certain tombstone, 'Rocielle Kingston'

The name was carved onto it, on my other hand was a bouquet of white lilies. "Cielle, I apologize for not visiting often.."

A quiet whisper left my lips, as I gently placed the bouquet in-front of the tomb stone. "Just so you know, I regret letting you end our friendship so easily and it certainly feels lonely here. "

I let wistful thoughts envelope my mind momentarily, closing my eyes. 'Most importantly, you'll be safe up there rather here.'

I walked out of the cemetery, grabbing the horse I had took with me. Guiding it out of the barn, and mounted it. I snapped the reins lightly, heading towards the palace.

The horse trotted, as the gates towards the barns opened upon noticing me. "Your Highness, please allow me bring the horse towards the barns."

A servant asked politely, his stare darting downwards. I got off the horse, before giving the rein to him. I pulled my hood down, entering my palace.

"Your Highness, you are back!" Quin bowed her head, intertwining her hands together. "Lady Medea has been awaiting your presence."

"Where is she at the moment?" I questioned, tying my navy blue locks into a high ponytail. "She's at the Crown Prince's palace, Your Highness. Currently drinking tea with His Highness,"

Quin informed, "Alright." I walked towards Eros's palace, which was much larger than mine. Taking a turn towards the gardens, seeing their figures.

"Sister, you have arrived." Eros's gaze darted towards me, Medea lifting her head to glimpse at me as well. "Pardon my tardiness, Brother. Lady Medea, I had somewhere to attend to if you don't mind."

"It's alright Ria," Medea said with her naturally smooth voice, gesturing for me to sit beside her. "To think that the Crown Princess competition has already neared quite swiftly, it's next week hm?"

"Yes, 'Dea." I responded, taking a sip from the cup that was recently placed in front of me. "I look forward to both of your outstanding performances. It must be quite hard Medea, do you perhaps feel nervous?"

I raised a brow at Eros, who casually propped his head up with a arm. Gazing at Medea, who seemed to not be shaken by the question. "Of course not, Your Highness."

'I wonder why I should be nervous, I'm confident that I will win.' Medea thought inwardly, pressing her lips into a thin line. 'What is His Highness plotting?'

The female read the situation, noting that Asteria seemed to know nothing as well. Unless, she's merely placing a facade up. But, Medea knows that Asteria wouldn't dare betray her friends. She already lost one.

The two siblings were unpredictable, it'd be much harder if Asteria were to turn her back on them. Medea had to prepare for the worst-case scenario that may possibly happen.

"Did that question made you worry? Sorry, I was just curious." Eros openly stated, a chuckle leaving his lips. "No worries, Your Highness."

Medea lightly gripped the porcelain teacup, as Asteria secretly took a glimpse at her. Asteria shook her head, "Brother, Marquess Horen's daughter is bothering me quite often these days."

"You sound like a child complaining to their older sibling, Ria. Yet, you're the older one." Medea chuckles, a amused smile plastered on her face. "I simply do not care. I cannot swat that fly away, she is starting to annoy me."