CHAPTER 15: END.

ROCIELLE'S DEATH STILL lingered in the back of my mind, I couldn't focus well and I found myself dozing off frequently. I was in my office, checking some of the reports.

The door creaked open, as my gaze flickered upwards momentarily. I recognized him instantly, from his blue locks. "Eros, do you need something?"

I forced a smile, leaning back into my cushioned chair. "Yes, and that is for you to rest. You are overworking yourself, sister." Eros claimed, a small frown tugging at the edges of his lips.

"I can handle all the work you need to do, so do rest in your bedchambers." Eros spoke, as I simply nodded. I was too drained, to even perform my duties. "Thank you, I'll try to perform my duties well soon enough."

I cast him one last glimpse, surveying his appearance briefly. 'I wonder if he needs something from my files?' Inwardly, it raised suspicion from me.

'He would've told me if that were the case. Unless he needs get something confidential without my knowing.' I pursed my lips, thinking what could he be planning.

I was reluctant, but I wanted to simply rest in the comfort of my room so I let him be. 'I'll check everything the next following days.'

It was dusk, the moon was high up in the skies in it's full glory, sharing it's faint light to it's surroundings. The stars brightly shimmered, illuminating in the dark skies. Somehow, every time I saw the stars it gave me hope.

Even if it was a little, nevertheless made me happy. I recalled that my Mother once told me that she named me after the stars, Asteria.

I entered my room, basking in the ambiance and comfort it gave me. My tensed up muscles started to relax slowly, as I changed into my night-wear.

Wearing a silk night-gown that ended below my knees, as I partnered it with a white cardigan. It was particularly cold this night, it somehow gave me a ominous feeling.

The balcony's curtains were open, since I opened it this morning. The timid peering of the moon's light reaches my bed, giving it a soft glow.

I sat on the mattress, it dipped a little from the weight. I breathed slowly, taking a deep whiff of air. "Your Highness, excuse me for bothering you this late at night, You have a visitor."

I turned to the closed doors, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Who is it?" I inquired, standing up. I could feel the exhaustion finally getting to me.

"It's.. Lord Dekis, Your Highness." I opened the door, my amber hues widening slightly at the mention of his name. I let out a tiny scoff, folding my arms across my chest.

"Escort him here. And don't mention his visit today to others." I stated firmly, as the maid recoiled slightly. "Of course, Your Highness."

With that, she swiftly scurried away to get him. I frowned, I haven't heard from him in weeks, and it was said that he didn't attend Rocielle's ceremony either.

I walked towards the doors of my balcony, purposely leaving the door open so he can enter when he arrives. I saw my reflection on the thin piece of glass, a solemn expression painted over my features.

"Ria.." I heard him enter, gently closing the door. I turned my head halfway, meeting his gaze. "Do you have to tell me something? If so, get to the point." My tone was frigid, I didn't know why I felt like this. Maybe I was frustrated with him.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, I decided that I will be giving up my position as the junior-duke and will leave the Solon Household." Dekis informed gently, fumbling with his fingers.