4.) A Hidden Oasis

When Rosé wakes up the next morning and instinctively stretches her arm out in hopes of pulling you closer, she's met with an empty bed. She reluctantly opens her eyes with a groan, mood already slightly soured at your absence.

The room is tidied up and the curtains are open wide, meaning that the maids have already made their sweep for the morning. A familiar vanilla scent greets her nostrils, leisurely floating along the air waves of the breeze that ghosts in from the balcony, and she grins.

She realizes it's a stick of incense that's burning on one of the tables across the room -- you must've specifically asked the maids to choose that scent.

Rosé remembers telling you once in passing that it's her favorite kind.

Eventually gaining the willpower to sit up, she throws her legs over the side of the bed and stretches, feeling well rested. She spots a piece of paper on the bedside table with her name scribbled on it, paired with a small smiley face.

She grins as she picks it up, reading the words:

Good morning, sleepy head

I had to leave to help with repairs from the storm, but you should be able to find me somewhere downstairs.

Also, your new room has been prepared. I'll show you to it later, once I'm done down here.

Your favorite asshole,

Y/N

A loud cackle echoes across your room as she reads your outro, garnering a confused look from a passing butler.

You're one of the most thoughtful and hilarious people she's ever had the pleasure of meeting, and she seriously wonders why you have to be at odds sometimes. Your families have always had a dislike for each other, but her father has always told her that every disagreement started because of your family's inability to stand up for what they believe in.

He says you take too long dilly-dallying, worrying about minute details when proper action needs to be taken. King Hyun is a ruler that strongly believes in taking whatever he wants and doing as he sees fit with little regard for the consequences, but your family is nothing like that.

Rosé believes that there has to be a common ground between the two, and she sincerely hopes that these talks of negotiation will continue to go well.

So far, after 4 weeks of deliberation, several tenets have been agreed upon for the outline of the treaty, with both sides compromising in appropriate areas and having meaningful discussions. The once bleak looking future between your two kingdoms is clearing up some, and both sides can only be hopeful for a lasting alliance. That could still change in an instant, but no one is at each other's throats for the current moment, thankfully.

Releasing one last yawn, Rosé gets up and makes her way over to the washroom attached to your bedroom, ready to get freshened up for the day. She finds a stack of her clothes waiting for her -- a few different options so she can choose the outfit that she wants. She blissfully sighs, a warm feeling in her chest.

---

"Right there, Liam. Good." You command one of your men, guiding him as he goes to haul away a section of the tree. You've managed to remove it all from the window, and now all that's left is cleaning up the surrounding area and replacing the glass. It can't be done instantaneously, but much progress has been made and you're proud of your team.

"Take 5, everyone. Good work," you praise them, lightly bowing as they salute you and share their thanks.

Rosé sits just out of your view, leaning against the outside door of the servant's quarters with Hank in her lap. She watches as you approach one of the water buckets that Min-suh brought out and splash the liquid on yourself, soaking the parts of your shirt that hadn't yet been drenched with sweat. The cool liquid slides over your skin soothingly, and she stares in awe at the way it arches into the air when you fling your head back, running your fingers through your hair.