Dancing in the Rain

Y/N P.O.V
Jacob, my boyfriend of 3 years called me a few hours ago saying he's taking me on a date at 8:30. It's currently 7:30. I decide to take a quick shower. I put my phone on the counter playing some music and slip my clothes off and hop into the shower. As I sing my heart out I wash my hair with coconut scented shampoo and conditioner. I wash my body with a vanilla scented body wash. Just as the song I was listening to ends I get out of the shower. I wrap a towel around my body and go to the sink. I wash my face and brush my teeth. It's 7:45 now. I put on my clothes which was slightly ripped jeans and a simple gray sweater that says NYC. I blow dry my hair and curl it.I brush out my curls so it's just a slight curl at the bottom and start on my makeup. I put on a little blush, mascara, highlight and eyeliner. It's now 8:20 and I slip on socks and my air forces. I grab my phone and wait downstairs. I hear a knock at my door and walk over to the door and open it to see a smiling Jacob.

"Hey! You look beautiful!" He says and hands me flowers. I smile and take them. "Hey! Thank you Jacob. You don't look too bad yourself." I say jokingly and hug him. I walk over to my kitchen to put the flowers in a vase. "Ready?" He asks "Yep!" I say. He puts out his arm and I link mine with his and we walk to his car. "M'lady" he says opening the door and gesturing his hand. "Why thank you" I say in a horrible British accent. We both laugh and he shuts my door when I get in and he walks over to the driver seat. So where are we going?" I say as he starts driving. "It's a surprise " he says with a smirk.
After about 10 minutes if conversation the car stops. "We're here!" He says jumping out of the car to open my door. When he opens the door he offers his hand to me and I gladly take it. I look around and there's a bench with a picnic basket and the area around it is beautiful. I admire the view in awe seeing all the flowers, birds, etc. "Jacob it's beautiful" I say still admiring. "I knew you'd like it" he says smiling. We walk over to the bench and he opens up the picnic basket setting all the food out on the blanket. We sit down start eating. "Jacob thank you so much for this. It means so much and it's absolutely gorgeous." I say smiling. "Of course." He says returning the smile.

When we finish eating I feel a raindrop. I look up and more raindrops fall on my face. I close my eyes and smile. "I love the rain" I say. "I have an idea." I say getting up and grabbing his hand. I put my phone on the bench playing music. The first song that came on was "I wanna be yours" by Arctic Monkeys. I pull him out to the street that was slightly lit up by a few street lights. I start to dance as he mimicked my moves. I laugh and continue dancing while singing the lyrics. I felt completely free. Like I had no worries in the world. Like me and Jacob were the only ones in the world. I hug him as we sway back and forth to the song. "I love you so much Jacob" I say pulling my head back from his chest to look up at him. "I love you more" he says and kisses my forehead. The next song comes on and it's called "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood. "I love this song!" I say. I pull away from the hug and start dancing and singing my heart out. Jacob pulls out his phone and records me spinning, jumping and singing. "Jacobbbb come dance!" I say and pull his hand once again. He stops recording and dances with me. We had the time of out lives but after about an hour we decide to head back. "Wait before we go." He says getting on his knee. "Jacob Tremblay you better not be proposing we are only 16" I say laughing. "No no. It's a promise ring. Y/N I promise that I will love you till the day I day. I promise that I will never hurt you or let anything else hurt you. I promise to always be there for you no matter what." He says and slips the ring onto my finger. He gets up and I hug him crying. "I love you so much. What did I do to deserve you."

We head back to the car and I get into the car smiling at the night we just had. "We are soaked" he says laughing. I just smile and kiss him.