Chp. 31

It was the day after Thanksgiving,  I was sitting at the dinner table with Emert, my mom, and my dad, being told that I was to skinny. My eyes met my mom, she looked concerned, and I couldn’t deny that, the days had worn on me since Devon left and decided to ignore me. 

It had been 14 days since Devon had left, two full weeks, and I was past insane. I was just hurt now, and I was starting to hate her.

I hated what she was doing to me, it was  selfish, really selfish, and I wanted to tell her that. 

I stood, dinner was over and I didn’t want to stay another night here, even though I probably should anyway. I would rather be alone in Devon’s bed, at least the tears at night had stopped. 

It was just the lonely feeling.

I grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and looking at Emert, hugging him. Then moving to my two parents and hugging them to, “Amanda, you sure you’re ok?”

I nodded, smiling, “Yea? I’m great. I just missed you guys.”

They smiled, walking me out to my car as I threw my bag inside, “Well, you look so different… but it’s a good different. We just want you to know you can always come home if you need?”

I nodded, “I know.”

Truth was, I didn’t want to be here anymore… it just felt so weird. Awkward. Yea, that’s what it felt like. Like I didn’t belong here… and I wanted to leave, even though I felt bad for leaving so soon. 

I got into my car and sped off, leaving my family behind. I wasn’t the same person who left four months ago, I looked different, acted different… I was just different. They saw it, I saw it, everyone saw it.

We just didn’t understand it. 

Devon hadn’t tried contacting me, and I hadn’t tried contacting her. There was no use, I knew better, she wasn’t going to answer no matter what. I called, I texted, then I gave up. 

Even though I knew she was going to come back eventually, hopefully to stay and not pack up and leave. 

It felt like years since I had seen her, but in reality it had only been two weeks. 

I drove up to my dorm, not seeing Devon’s car in sight. I groaned as I slammed my head against the steering wheel. Why wouldn’t she just come home?

Or call me? Or talk to me? Or just fucking text me and see if I was still alive?

I walked into my dorm, slamming the door behind me, the loneliness returning. Maybe I should just call Trevor and go and hang out with him, have some down time, no guitar or rehearsal. 

I picked up my phone, hearing his voice through my ear.