Part 6

A/N: Aight, I'm back (for now) and here's a chapter. :)

(Unedited)

At the great estate of Everglen, Elwin worked hard to treat Sophie's various burns and injuries. If it weren't for the sheer urgency of healing her- he would have vomited from what Vespera had put her through.

The reason Sophie had been able to escape was because of pure adrenaline. From what he could see, Elwin found healed bones in her legs that showed signs of being shattered repetitively, bruise marks that had faded from her throat from where she had been strangled and her vocal chords shows signs of previously being swollen, and other aftermaths of harrowing torture.

So he worked for hours- fully healing all the injuries he could but scars that had been there for too, too long remained on her pale, clammy skin. Elwin had lost track of time by the time he finished treating Sophie.

Now it was time for recovery- which he already knew would not be easy.

He opened the door to the guest room she had been in several times already to find Alden, Della, Grady, Edaline, Biana, Fitz, Keefe, Dex, the rest of Team Valiant, Mr Forkle, Tiergan, Kesler, Juline, Marella, Maruca, and even Councillor Oralie and Bronte. 

Everyone looked tired and worn out- including the two Councillors. They all waited, on chairs or leaning against a wall, or even sitting on the floor.

Grady and Edaline had the most intense dark circles underneath their eyes. 

"Sophie's injuries have all been treated and she's resting as of now," Elwin explained quietly to the group. "Grady and Edaline can come in to sit with her."

Faster than ever, the couple stood and rushed into the bedroom. Elwin watched them collapse next to their unconscious daughter and begin to weep. Deciding to give them some time alone, he simply told them to call if anything was wrong and closed the door. 

"How many injuries did she have?" Alden asked from where he sat with his wife.

Elwin swallowed hard, struggling to find his voice. "Too many to count," He replied. "I found many injuries that had been given to Sophie and healed but not all the way."

"Like what?" Mr. Forkle asked. "We want to have some sort of idea about what Miss Foster's mental state is currently like."

Reluctantly, Elwin told them- and it was no easy task. "From what I saw, the gauntlets she had on her hands were used as torture devices over open flame. And from the signs of recently healed shattered bones in her legs, I'm certain Sophie has a long mental recovery ahead of her."

Elwin was glad Grady and Edaline weren't around to hear this news- everyone seemed to have turned a sickening shade of green including the I-have-no-time-for-any-bullshit Councillor Bronte. 

Someone swore through a sigh. Keefe dragged his hands down his face while everyone else stared in silence. "I guess we know why Foster wrote 'Fuck you' into Vespera's body with a whole knife," He mumbled yet every else heard him clearly. 

Some remained emotionless while others flinched. 

The Councillors- Bronte specifically- were secretly wondering if after everything she'd been through, Sophie wouldn't be stable enough to handle all her responsibilities. Even just the small, common ones like continuing at Foxfire to at least pass the basic levels. Hell- even managing to recover physically would likely seem impossible to Sophie at first. 

Everyone shared a look that showed that they knew that the days ahead of them would be dark and dour. 

A/N: Hi! I know this was shorter but I'm back :)