the unlucky compass

"And we were right outside like this" Jj huffed, trying his best to explain the incident from earlier today.
"And all we hear is just bam! bam! bam!, knocking paint off the wall G, from the inside." he continued, looking completely perplexed.
The rest of us sat quietly as we tried to process his every word.

"wait, first off, look at this shit, look at it" The blonde signalled before aggressively running his hand through his hair.
"that's dandruff, disgusting" Kie chimed in.
Bits of dried paint began falling from his head, urging for him to continue his unique narration.
"that's paint. at this point, i was just, like..... i'm waiting for death" He finally concluded.

"shit i left my bag outside" i whispered as i got up and left the room, leaving the rest of the conversation to unfold without me.

"i can tell you by the way ms lana was screaming that...." Their voices began to grow faint.
Once stepping out on the porch i immediately took a big breath, trying to make sense of everything.
As my eyes wondered around, they ended up freezing on what appeared to be jj's gun sticking out of his bag. I quickly took the gun and hid it in my pocket, expecting to bring it back to its owner later and remind him of how dangerous it is to not hide the gun properly.
I lit up a cigarette first though and stayed outside for another minute or two, hoping that by the time i made it back, Jj would have finished his poor narration.

However, my senses instantly heightened as soon as i heard the engine of a car approaching, one that i'd never seen before.
Hoping that i had yet to be seen, i quickly ran into the house and hid by the kitchen counter, clearly a bad mistake.

"fuck" i breathed out, apprehension creeping down my spine. I had no idea where everyone else was or whether or not they knew that strangers were morosely walking up their porch, their footsteps forcing us to acknowledge their presence

I could suddenly here ruckus coming from john b's dad's office, followed by a series of loud hurried footsteps.
"lilah come here" i could hear jj's voice, he was waiting by the door begging for me to come to him.
However, it seemed as though lady luck had left my side as before i could even get up, those strangers had already barged in with their intimidating forms.
"just hide" I mouthed, urging for him to protect himself first.
"John Routledge" One of the men yelled.
Hearing this, jj quickly headed back to where he came from, fear following his every movement.

I quickly took out the gun from my pocket and loaded it, my hands shivering as i firmly clutched onto the trigger.
"get out here"
"Routledge"
"Where you at boy"
Their screams getting louder with every passing second.

"Routledge, where the hell's the compass"
Came a man's voice who was now in the same room as me. I forced myself to be as quiet as possible, hoping with everything i could that i wouldn't be noticed.

"check the back room" Another man ordered, thankfully.
Though the nerves began to taunt at me again as i realised that they were heading towards the office, where everyone was in.

"You better not be in there" Voiced a yell followed by aggressive grunts from trying to break open a door.

I breathed in and out as i tried to think of ways to help, frankly i was also debating on saving myself instead and forcing the rest to rely on each other.
But my body took action before i could even think things through.

I got up to see a man standing a few feet ahead of me, his back facing towards me, completely unaware of my presence.
A few more feets ahead stood another guy who was trying all he could to break open the door.