kegger night

"uh... Jj, you're gonna wanna see this" John b simpered.
Inside the safe was a rather large sum of money, and a pistol. All of our eyes glistened with shock and awe at the astonishing sight.
"dude, dude, dude!" Jj exclaimed while toying with the pistol.
"don't play with the gun" I scolded
"this is an SIG Sauer" The blonde added in.

John b and I continued being angered by Jj's stupidity.
"put the gun back jj!" The brunette chided.
Suddenly, John b paused for a moment as his eyes began to widen. I wondered what caught his mind, then i noticed it too.
A tapping sound was heard from a distance.
I scurried to the window once realising where the noise was coming from. The two boys followed behind.
We pulled up the drapes and saw kiara and pope trying to warn us of something.
"shit" John b worried.
"what is it" Both Jj and i shrieked at the same time.
The brunette quickly made his way over to the other window on the other side of the room and looked through its drapes.
"cops" He breathed.
My heart started beating harder and faster, my pupils dilated.
"lilah" Jj called out once noticing my still figure.
I quickly rushed to the now opened window and climbed out of it. Jj followed behind then closed the window before the cops could come in. We stood on the narrow ledge and stayed there, hoping we wouldn't get caught.
Just standing there made my breathing more rapid and shallow. I could feel my pulse pounding in my temples.

Then i felt something caresse my hand, it was jj. He gently put his hand in mine and grasped it tightly. We both glanced at each other with a now calmed expression.
I knew that any of our friends could notice yet I clutched at his weary fingers anyway, letting the warmth and softness of my own hand let him know I was there and that I was alright.
I desperately wanted to hold on but every regretted memory between the two of us flashed through my mind, and i let go.
He looked at me but i was too embarrassed to look back. Then he moved away from me a little. I could feel the fear in my chest waiting to take over, the tension was high and it was easily imaginable how awkward it would be for the two of us once this was all over.
Suddenly, both john b and jj's faces changed as they noticed something odd happening in the room. I was too far from the window to see and too scared to ask either of the two to enlighten me on anything.
As if things couldn't go more out of plan, a gun fell out of Jj's pocket. I watched as it left the fabric, dropping to the ground raucously.
"nice one dingus" I said.
"sorry" Jj grinned.
My lips began curving into a smile.
"if he can joke with me, he's probably not mad" I thought to myself.
I realised that the cops heard the noise the moment pope and kiara began to act nonchalant, faking their moment.
We continued to stand still and i began to breathe slower.
"all right. let's go" A voice muffled from the room.

The three of us let out a sigh of relief once we heard the door close.
"shit" I chuckled.

———————————————————————

"well, that was fun, could've warned us sooner" Jj stated while we were on the way back to the land.
"we would have, except Pope was on the math team" kiara complained.
"the cops took everything like it was a crime scene" John b observed.
"did you guys find anything?" Pope questioned.
"did we find anything? no, i don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did." Jj exclaimed as he took out a gun and some cash from his pockets, holding them out proudly.
"what the hell?"
"dude, what?"
Both pope and kiara shrieked at the sight of the stolen items.
John b on the other hand agreed with jj's actions and began laughing, though he immediately made a poker face the moment kiara turned to look at him.
"i'm gonna lose my merit scholarship" Pope worried.
"hey, shshshshsh, at least you have us right?" Jj assured.
"im living the nightmare"
"just ignore him pope, he's an idiot" I added in.
"oh come on, it's better than the cops having it" Jj defended before taking a seat next to me and throwing his arm over my shoulder.
"still, you shouldn't have taken the money"
Jj let out a scoff and turned to look at the rest of the group, seeking for their approval.
"can't argue with her bro" John b surrendered with a grin.