pilot

The sea was jewel-blue, the sky was like a curtain of silk. Everything was so peaceful and quiet, I could hear the waves calmly splash against the bare sand.
I closed my eyes to take everything in.

"that's what, a three-story fall to the deck?"
Pope said as he looked up at John B who was now standing on the roof.
I let out a silent sigh, annoyed by the interruption.
My eyes collapsed again as i continued to appreciate the tranquil moment.
"I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival" Pope declared.
Again, interrupted. I immediately looked at Pope and rolled my eyes at him, though of course he doesn't notice.

The five of us were hanging out at a house that was still under construction.
John B was standing on the roof with a can of beer in his hand, overlooking the sea.
"should i do it?" The brunette asked, turning to look at Jj who was sitting on a piece of scaffolding.
Before getting the chance to answer, Pope interjected.
"yea you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down."
"you'll shoot me?" John B taunted, pointing a finger gun down at Pope.
"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers" Kiara protested while walking out of the house. She had spent the past twenty minutes looking around the place.
"Of course, why wouldn't they?" Jj questioned.
"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles. I guess" She said in fret.

The rest of their conversation fell into murmurs in my head as i grabbed my book and began reading it.
"are you seriously reading right now" The blonde asked with a scoff.
"no i'm just waiting for John B to fall off the roof and die" I stated whilst looking up at John B with a smile.
"wow, not gonna lie that one hurt"
"jokes of course, you know i love you John B"
"i am going to hold that very close to my heart" The brunette responded with a grin as he placed his hand on the left side of his chest.
After a moment of hesitation, i got up and said
"i'm gonna head inside"
The rest of the group eyed me in confusion at my unexpected remark. Then, they continued to talk among themselves.
The inside of the house was still in the process of being built. The smell of the fresh coats of paint left an addictive scent. I looked around for a good second or two before sitting down to continue my reading, this time in peace.
Not a minute later, disturbance got in the way again.

Like a neat stack papers being scattered away by a mere gust of wind, what once was a pleasant moment fell into complete chaos. Footsteps started echoing sharply through the hallway, sounding overly loud like the booming heartbeat of a condemned prisoner. The four teens began shouting with laughter. I was so far from them that i couldn't quite make out what they were saying.
"hey lilah, gary's here"  It was John B yelling from a distance. Finally being able to hear this, i went down the stairs and ran through the first floor, then paused for a moment and waited for the others to catch up.
After a short while, kiara came out running with a wide smile on her face. The two of us started chuckling as we ran and jumped across the fence, finally making to the van.
We took a second to catch our breaths, John B on the other hand was waiting in the driver's seat already calmed and relaxed.
I rested my head against the car and watched as everything panned out.

"come here you little pricks" Gary screamed, helplessly chasing the two boys. 
Unfortunately he couldn't lift himself over the fence which gave Pope and Jj just enough time to get into the van and save themselves.
"Wait slow down" Jj said, trying to provoke gary.
Hearing this, John B followed Jj's orders and decelerated the car, excited to see what'll happen next.
"C'mon guys you're gonna give him a heart attack" Kiara added in, sarcastically.
Jj, who had half his body leaning out of the vehicle continued to infuriate the poor man by throwing a can of beer at him.
"They don't pay you enough bro." he yelled before pulling himself back into the van.
"Jj, stop. stop." Kiara chided him.
The rest of the group let out huge laughters.
"Oh come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished" The blonde responded in defence.