the cut

The bell rang, again

The bell rang, again. Another class, another bore. I unintentionally slam the door of my locker, giving the students and teachers in the hallway a shock. Hoping that no one calls me out for my momentary disturbance, I apologetically make my way to my next class.
The only thing that i have to look forward to today is going home with kiara and staying the night at her house.
Kie and I have known each other for a very long time, our parents were always good friends and thankfully we got along well since we first met. Lately the both of us have been so caught up with our own lives, we weren't able to spend much time with each other. I couldn't help but feel a sudden wistful longing for the old days, when everything was easy.

As the lesson starts, i impatiently kept checking my watch every five minutes to see how much time has passed. Tomorrow would be the start of another weekend and though it was only two days, i desperately needed a break. Suddenly staying at home and laying on my bed was the only thing i wanted to do.

After a long while, the bell finally rang once more, and this time i was happy about it. I got up immediately and scampered my way out of school.
Outside i could see Kiara and her mom waiting for me by the gate, i smiled and ran to her. We excitedly greeted each other and got into the car.
I liked talking to Kiara, unlike certain other kooks, the things she had to say were actually interesting and conversation worthy, and she had so much insight on socialistic topics, i always learned something new from her.

———————————————————————

The sun was starting to set, Kie and I had spent the past few hours watching Harry Potter movies in her room

Then, her phone rang
"kie, shut up" I said to her in a joking tone.
"i know, sorry" she replied grinning.
She went out of the room to answer her call, i continued to watch Harry Potter, helplessly blushing at how beautiful Cedric Diggory looked in the fourth movie.
The moment she came back in, i immediately made a poker face to try and hide the fact that i was crushing over a fictional character. I turned to glance at Kiara, she looked as though she was nervous about telling me something.
"Is everything okay?" I questioned, starting to worry.
" yeah everything's fine" She paused for a moment, then hesitantly continued,
"do you wanna go out tonight?"
i stared at her in astonishment.
"jesus kie" i scoffed, "you looked like you were about to get sick, you made me worry."
We both laughed.
"go where?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"remember john b and pope?"
"oh yea, i haven't seen them in a while, how are they?
"they're doing fine, but the both of them are throwing a party with jj tonight, you wanna go?"
"yeah, let's" I answered, grinning.
We continued to watch the franchise, now fighting over who's a bigger fan of Tom Riddle.