Chapter 5: The False Band

A few months later, my band and I managed to release our 1st song +/- (more or less) in December 2021 and, oddly enough, went around the world.  There were great comments to say that we have great potential.  But as it went around the world it also reached the United States, and as it reached the United States it reached the Imagine Dragons record label.  And in the summer of 2022 we received a proposal to sign a contract with them.  I forgot to mention that a friend of mine, Diana, also created a band.  It was Now United style but ok, (ops group, sorry uniters).

So me, my band and my friend's group had to go to Las Vegas, because my friend's group had also released a song and received a proposal, not from the same label but from one that was in Las Vegas as well.  My father went too, after all I was still a minor even though I was 14 years old (WOW how time flies, I was 13 a few months ago and now I am 14, not literally since my 13th birthday is just the  May 16, the real).

Anyway, we bought tickets (expensive like everything, it seems like they cost a kidney!) To Las Vegas and went to a hotel, we were fine until I get a message from Dan.

Messages on:

Dan: Hello sis!  I heard you're here in Las Vegas, is it true?

Me: Yes, why?

Dan: For nothing, just to know, but ... so what are you doing here in Las Vegas?

Me: My band and I came to sign a contract with the same label as yours, look at this one!

Dan: Is that so?

Me: Yeah, and I already have at least one letter to start working now

Dan: Ah ok so

Me: Was that it?

Dan: It was

Me: Really?!?!

Dan: Yep

Me: I can not believe!

Off messages

The next day my father gave me money to pay for the taxi.  Diana already had it, because her parents had given it to us while we were in Portugal.  The lyrics to my band's new song were printed on my backpack, and Diana knew it.  Oh, I forgot to say that Laura is in my band.  Arriving at the studio we signed the contract.

- Do you already have any lyrics or something, a project ... - asked the producer

- Yes, we already have a letter ready!  - I replied

"Do you want to leave her here now, or do you think it's better not to?"

- I think it is better, so we are less at risk of losing her - I replied - she is here in my backpack

I opened my backpack and started looking for the letter, but ... it wasn't there!

- "It can't be! I left the letter here! I know I left it here! How did it disappear?"  - I thought - "Unless ... no! I can't believe it! Diana stole it from me! But how is it possible? I know Diana and she's not like that! Why did she steal my letter from me?"

- Then?  Where's the letter?  - asked the producer

- I left it here in my backpack, and before the rest of my band starts asking me if I am sure, yes I am sure!

- Could it be ... no, Diana didn't do that!  She didn't steal the lyrics from us, did she?  - asked Laura

- Will you give me a minute?  I have a call to make - he said