What Makes a Hero

"Without a Quirk?" All Might said to himself. Then suddenly All Might felt a surge of pain from the left side of his stomach.

Smoke suddenly started to emit from All Might and due to the pain coming from his left stomach he started to hold it desperately trying to deal with the pain. While this was happening Izuku was still staring at the ground clenching his fist.

"I know what I'm saying is crazy but can someone Quirkless be a Hero!" Izuku stared up now at All Might only to be met by a deflated version of him.

"All Might?!?" Asked our green eyed protagonist in a very shocked manner.

"Did you deflate?!? What happened! Why are you so skinny!?! Are you even All Might?!?" Asked Izuku in a more confused and panicked manner.

"I am All Might!" The skinny man tried to act cool and confident but suddenly blood started to spew out of his mouth.

Izuku was so shocked, yeah he sounds a bit like All Might if All Might's voice was a bit higher, he had All Might's shiny golden hair colour and All Might's distinct tuft of hair but it was now pointing downward, they even have the same eye colour and skin colour. Even the clothes were the same but it no longer fit the man as much. No doubt he isn't a fake but all he could ask himself was, what happened, how did it happen, why it happened and a lot more questions.

"This can't be true... All Might is fearless... He saves everyone with a smile..." Was all our cinnamon roll can say.

"Fearless huh. Is that what you think of me?" All Might asked as he leaned against the wall of the alleyway.

"Now that you've seen my true form, young man, don't write about it online or even talk about it to anyone. Take this to your grave if you have too." All Might said in a cold and serious manner causing our cinnamon roll to shiver.

"True form?" Our diamond freckled protagonist asked, still not believing that the NO. 1 Hero All Might is like this.

"5 years ago I received an enemy attack that destroyed half of my respiratory organs and my entire stomach." As All Might lifted up his white shirt to reveal a massive injury on the left side of his stomach.

"Due to several operations, surgeries and treatments. I can only do Hero Work for 4-6 hours a day." He said coldly.

"That makes sense why you haven't been seen as much in public before but... who gave you that injury? An injury of that magnitude / calibre given to the NO. 1 Hero must have been televised to the entire world! Also not to mention why haven't I heard about any Villain that was able to give you such a devastating injury!" Izuku desperately wanted his question to be answered.

"That's very good observation and deduction skills but... the fight was not made public to the world. I asked that it not be made public. If the world knew about my injury and that someone was capable of giving All Might an injury of this degree, the results would be unfathomable. Imagine the surge of Villains and the increase of crime rate that would happen if the Public knew that the NO. 1 Hero is weakened and can only do a few hours of Hero work a day before being useless." All Might said clenching his fist

"That's why I smile. To show the world that everything is okay and to give the public peace of mind, so they don't have to worry about their safety and live their lives happily. But more importantly to trick the fear inside of me. Even Heroes fear death, everyday we risk our lives, of course you'd be scared of death, even I fear death. We are only human after all." All Might said, looking at our protagonist.

"And to answer your question earlier. I don't think someone Quirkless can be a Hero. You'd only be wasting your time and effort trying to achieve an impossible dream. You need to be more realistic about your goals. They need to be attainable, you'd only be a bother or be dead weight in the real world. Besides there are other ways you can show how heroic you are, you can become a Police Officer or a Detective, you have pretty good deduction skills and I skimmed through your notebook earlier and it seems you are very knowledgeable with Quirks, they might not be as glamorous and recognized as a Hero but it's a fine and dignified occupation nonetheless. It's not bad to dream or desire, young man but... you need to learn about the fine line of impossible and possible. Someone without a Quirk simply cannot be a Hero and that's a fact." All Might said as he then left the alleyway and Izuku was left to himself to ponder at what he was told.