One Step Ahead

"We are now entering the second half of the Cavalry Battle passing the 5 minute mark!" Present Mic exclaimed as the crowd was hyped up.

"There have been some rather unexpected predicaments that happened during those 5 minutes! Don't blink your eyes folks since things are starting to heat up and get interesting!" Present Mic exclaimed getting the audience even more hyped.

"It looks like things are about to get interesting." Eraserhead smiled and his eye was up interested at what the final 5 minutes would look like.

"Midoriya I know you won't be giving up that headband so easily!" Kendo said as her team was also steadily approaching our protagonist's team.

"Sorry Midoriya but we need your headband to win!" Kosei exclaimed as his team was rushing towards them.

"We have nothing to lose for! Let's go full on attack!" Hiryu told his teammates since their headband was stolen and are sitting at 0 points and knew if they were to win they had to have the 1 Million Points.

"Sir Midoriya please excuse us." As Jurota started to charge for them as aiming for his headband.

"Boys lets get a move on! We need more points!" Jiro exclaimed since they only had their original headband and knew they needed more to win.

"Guys now!" Todoroki exclaimed to his teammates as Yaoyorozu started to make a metal rod that sticked straight to the ground and created a white sheet covering them.

"My time to shine! Indiscriminate Shock 1.3 Million Volts!" Kaminari exclaimed as suddenly all the competition that were heading for Midoriya got shocked by electricity. Todoroki and his team were immune since the sheet that Yaoyorozu made was an insulator and the metal rod was directing the excess electricity to the ground.

Suddenly Todoroki took hold of the metal rod and started to freeze it and since it was sticked to the ground it started to spread and froze the ground of the other competitors who were also after the 1 Million Points. This made them unable to move and struggled to get out of the ice.

"Sorry, but that 1 Million is mine and thanks for the insurance." Todoroki exclaimed looking coldy at the competition as he quickly approached Jiro's Team and stole their headband then quickly chased after Midoriya's Team who was on the run.

"Just what I needed." A purple haired guy exclaimed as he had a bit of a sly smile / smirk on his face.

"Tokoyami!" Midoriya exclaimed as Tokoyami's Dark Shadow started to approach Todoroki's Team. Unfortunately they were prepared as Yaoyorozu already created a shield in advance prepared for Dark Shadow. Dark Shadow was blocked by the shiled but he made it bent. They then threw the shield away as it bented and they continued for Midoriya and his team.

"That won't work against us Tokoyami! We've came prepared!" Yaoyorozu exclaimed.

'This is bad! This is the worst possible match up for us! You are really amazing Todoroki! I can see why you got in through recommendations! But even so I won't let you win that easily!' Midoriya thought to himself.

Mini flashback to when Midoriya recruited Tokoyami

"Let me hear what you have to offer." Tokoyami exclaimed as Midoriya just offered to team up with him.

"I want you to defend. Your Dark Shadow is perfect for defending, it has range and is like having another person. I've already taken account your light weakness." Midoriya told Tokoyami and this caught him off guard, he never told anyone about it's weakness but he wondered how did Midoriya know.

"How do you know?" Tokoyami questioned as he wanted more answers from the gut that's talk of the town.

"During the Basic Hero Training, I noticed that you seemed to avoid the darker hallways and well lit hallways you preferred going through the weak lighting. You could also barely notice when you go into a darker area, Dark Shadow acts a bit more differently and gets a bit larger." Midoriya explained to Tokoyami as he did review the footage of the Basic Hero Training extensively.