Chapter 7

Asta!

Noelle watched in horror as she saw him impaled with the blade, taking the hit for her.

"You bastard!" Yelled Nacht as he continued the fight.

While the two mages were clashing, Noelle walked towards the anti-magic knight and held him.

Asta smiled at the water mage, somehow having some happiness in his eyes.

"It's okay, Noelle..." Asta said with blood runnig down his mouth.

"No it's not! You took the hit and now you're bleeding!" She yelled at him, starting to cry.

"Why!? Why did you take it!?" She asked out of frustration.

"Because, if it was you who , I wouldn't forgive myself..." He replied with a tear from his left eye.

Asta then held Noelle's hand.

"Don't worry about me, go help Sir Nacht."

"But-"

"He needs you, he can't fight this battle alone" Asta reminded.

He hugged her, and assured her that he was going to be fine.

"Now, go!" Asta told her.

Noelle rushed to Morris and assisted her vice-captain in the battle.

"I'll make you pay!" Noelle declarrd to the magic scholar.

"Yes, Come! Suffer the same fate as that brat!" Morris roared as he grabbed the sword.

Asta slowly regenerated but ended up using all of the remaining absorbed demonic life force.

"This should be enough to keep me alive, I should go help the others and-" He got cut off when he saw a familiar creature of evil.

"You've gotta be shitting me."

"Well well, looks like you're still alive!" The dragon exclaimed in rage.

"How?! You clearly exploded after I impaled you!" Said the Anti magic boy.

"I only combusted my flesh, my skeleton remains." The dragon explained.

"No one has managed to get me to this state, so I gotta hand it to you." Said the beast.

"The name's Vermiculo, remember that when you die."

The dragon then attacked Asta Head-on, barely giving him time to block the attack. Asta drew his Demon-Dweller sword and sent a flurry of black slashes, all of which were dodged easily by Vermiculo and got knocked forward.

"He's a lot faster than before!" Asta took note.

Asta then activated his Devil Union, with 3 minutes of time due to the excessive use of the mode. He then struck the Vermiculo with his blade. To his surprise, However, its harder than the scales of his flesh. The beast grabbed Asta by the leg and threw him to a nearby wall. Asta didn't collide with the wall, Instead, he jumped from the wall towarss the dragon and kicked his chin. He then grabbed a nearby long axe and an old shield and imbued them with Anti magic.

"These will have to do." Asta thought.

He then blocked the incoming attacks and ran towards Vermiculo, and hit him with the axe on head. Vermiculo returned the favor by breathing blue flame and slashing at the black bull with his talons, both of which hit him. Asta was having a bard time dodging and countering his attacks when suddenly he had an idea.

"Liebe." He called his devil.

"Yeah?" Liebe asked his host.

"Can you push for a little longer?" Asta asked.

"I could try. Why do you ask?" Liebe asked his brother.

"I can fight him, but can't penetrate his skull." Asta explained.

"Hmm. Okay, but i can only go for one more time till im dry." Liebe said.

"How long?" Asta asked.

"You have 2 more minutes. That's all." Liebe said.

"Thanks, that's enough time!"

Asta used all the energy he had left and focused it around his body. He then started to changed form.

Devil Union Mode: Unholy Black Knight!

His armor started to change into something that resembled a black knight. His head formed a helmet, his chest formed into a chestplate, and his lower half formed into full boots. His hands formed into gauntlets, his sword changed into a demonic sword with the handle becoming longer as well as the blade and shield expanded.

"With this, Ill finally end you!" Asta yelled

With one final push, Asta will truly surpass his limits.

____________________________________________

Yo bros! Im gonna be a bit busy for a while so expect less updates. Enjoy!

-Author :)