Reawakening | Chapter 1

The battle against the Dark Triad had ended, with Yami and William saved, minimum casualties, and peace established between the four kingdoms.

However, the loss of Asta had left many in sorrow. The kingdom was left in sadness, most especially the Black Bulls, because Asta became well respected among the public despite the fact he possessed a devil, and surprisingly some of the nobility and even some the royals respected him as well.

Because of this, a statue was made by the people in his memory, placed at the center of the royal capital as a symbol of possibility, symbolizing that even if you're a peasant, orphan, or someone who a has nothing at all, you can achieve anything through hard work.

As for his life sphere, it was placed in a magical sarcophagus, where it would be kept safe inside. Many had attended his "funeral", with the people, nobles, and the captains with their squads.

5 years later

Much time has passed since Asta's "Passing". Since then, the Black bulls had never been the same. The base was quiet without the boy's constant yelling, magna and luck argued less, gauche suddenly stopped obsessing over marie, and Vanessa not drinking at all.

Noelle was probably the one who took hard. She barely ate, came out, and would cry every now and then. There are times where she would try to hurt herself but she stopped from doing so everytime but only because she knew Asta wouldn't like that. She was pondering in her own thoughts when suddenly she heard the door knock.

"Come in." She said as the door opened.

It was Nacht, who also changed during these past 5 years. He didn't insult anyone, or even spoke unless needed.

"Hello, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"Im okay, for the most part." She said sadly.

"Hey, Yami assigned us a mission. Come." Nacht informed the water mage.

The two blacks bulls walked down the hallways. While doing so, they had a little c

"Hello, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"Im okay, for the most part." She said sadly.

The two continued to walk down the hall way until they reachthe lobby. Which, as previously mentioned, is quiet. You could see most changes here that you wouldn't normally. The two bulls went down to the sofa and sat beside finral, who was actually holding up better than the others.

Two people, one boy and one girl, who are both 15, walk out the stairs.

"Good morning everyone!" Greeted the girl.

"You sure have a lot of energy this morning don't ya, Eliza?" The boy remarked.

"Sure do, Yuzu!" Eliza replied.

The two new members sit down and began eating. The two talked about whether or not they are capable of becoming a magic knight captain. It was then cut off by Yami entering the lobby.

"Yo brats, i have a mission for four people." Yami announced.

"Nacht, Noelle, Eliza, and Yuzu, get your asses here." Yami called.

"Yes captain!" The four replied as they went over to him.

"We've been receiving reports of a group of criminals terrorizing a local town near Hage, I want you to apprehend the bastards and bring them over to prison." Yami explained.

"Be Careful though, the leader of the group is using a magic item to explosively boost his power." Yami continued.

"Any questions?" Yami asked.

"No sir." They all replied.

"Good, I want you all outside and prepped in 30 mins."  Yami said as he left to the table.

The four went to their rooms to prepare for the mission. They had a conversation along the way.

"This is our first mission! Im so excited!" Eliza cheered while raising her fist.

"Calm down, you're so loud Eliza." Yuzu stated.

"C'mon, I can't contain my excitement. Not to mention we're going with Vice Captain Nacht and Miss Noelle!" Eliza continued.

'Hehe, she's so much like Asta.' Noelle thought.

"You remind me of a certain black bull, Eliza." Nacht remarked.

"Really? Who?" Eliza asked.

"You've heard of Asta, right?" Nacht asked.

"Him? How so? I'm not as great as he was." Eliza said.

"Indeed, you aren't." Nacht said with a smile.

"He's so blunt!" Eliza thought.

"But what you do have what he has is his energy, you're as positive as he is, and as loud as him." Noelle added.

"Wow! He must be a great friend to you guys!" Said the young bull.

"He was more than that. He changed our views on life and helped us get better. He was family." Noelle said.

"What happened to him though?" Eliza asked.

Noelle and Nacht stayed silent as they tried to find a way how to explain what had happened.

"We'll tell you another time." Nacht broke the silence.

"Okay then." Eliza stated.

The four bulls went into their rooms to prepare for the mission. After they finished, three of them went down to wait for Noelle.

Noelle was finished and was heading out her room when she came across a box she found in Asta's desk 4 years ago.

"I guess I'll take this too." She thought as she grabbed it.

She went out withthe other three and met up with a certain dark magic user.

"Alright, before you go I would give ya the location here on this map. I'll also give you some communication devices." Yami said as he handed the said devices to the four bulls.

"Goodluck. Dont fail or I'll kill you." Yami said.

"Yes sir!" The four replied as they left with their brooms.

The four mages leave for a normal mission, but little do they know this is the start of something big.

_____________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! Really hope guys enjoy it!

-Author :)