8. First Class

"I heard we have another classmate and he's overseas?" Maguro started a topic as they were sitting in the class the next day.

It was the first day of school for that term. They were all gathered in a classroom in the Learning Hall. Everyone donned a blue uniform with the Tokyo Jujutsu college's logo on their buttons.

Except her.

Gojo-sensei has given her a rather packed class schedule that swaps her between the white-haired sorcerer and the doctor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College.

Maguro alone has two teachers. One for defence and fight if the need arises, and one to heal.

The morning side, Gojo-sensei will have her in class together with the rest of her classmates, while in the afternoon side after physics, she will have to rush to the Infirmary to meet up with Shoko Ieiri.

She had gulped when she sees the schedule. She would probably die of exhaustion by end of the week.

As such, she was given a set of white uniform and dark blue skirt akin to Maki's. Gojo-sensei told her it stands for her two different classes with the rest – with the Doctor and with the Sorcerer.

Panda told her the white shirt design reminds him of Okkotsu, their other classmate.

"And that is where your powers come in handy, Tsukigami-kun," Gojo-sensei said to her cheerfully before class starts. She was one of the first to arrive in class that day, apart from Inumaki-kun whom she met when leaving the dorm. They came together to class as she is still trying to get used to the routes from dorm to class. "You will have to pick up speed to learn everything you can as fast as your body allows you to, and if you happened to fail, your Reverse Curse Technique will come in and help you, hence the schedule. Can't lose out to the First Years now, can't we?"

"B-but my schedule-!" Maguro started, showing Gojo-sensei her ridiculous class schedule. It made her split her class between Gojo-sensei and Ieiri-sensei's class. Gojo-sensei in the mornings, Ieiri-sensei in the late afternoons.

Satoru silenced her with one hand and smiled. "This is for your own good. You'll need to buck up to speed, Tsukigami-kun. As Reverse Curse Technique users are rare, you need to learn how to fight in times of need and defend at all times. And of course, you'll learn how to use the technique at Godspeed from the best doctor."

Maguro looked up at Gojo-sensei. "Defend at all times? I can fight, can't I?"

"You can," Gojo-sensei replied her with a smile. "But only when needed. Otherwise, you are to stand aside and let the rest of the sorcerers do their part."

"Your job is to stay alive no matter what," Gojo-sensei continued in a grave tone. "Only by surviving, your friends will be able to survive any harm that befalls them. If you are dead, they'll be all dead in no time, Tsukigami-kun. Keep in mind of that. Fight in times of need, and defend yourself at all times. Between fight or flight, always choose flight."

Maguro closes her eyes in defeat at that thought. That will indirectly make her a chicken. Flight. What bullshit is that.

"Yuuta Okkotsu," Maki replied her. "He's with our Third Year senpai now. They'll be back somewhere this year."

"Yuuta is a special grade, hence he gets to go overseas," Panda added, looking at Maguro with a twinkle in his eyes when he noticed Inumaki rests his cheeks on one of his fists whilst staring at her.

Openly.

Panda thought Inumaki had that mesmerized look those boys had on tv shows when lovestruck.

An evil grin appeared on Panda's face. Inumaki Toge? Lovestruck? Just what happened to get him lovestruck on such short timeframe after just meeting their new classmate?

Something must have happened, Panda mused to himself. Interesting drama is now on.