Bonus Chapter

Ben Solo couldn't believe his luck. He loved his job, he loved his home and most of all he loved his wife. His beautiful, sharp tongued wife. He let his thoughts wander to her as he worked on the blueprints for a new housing development. He thought about what Rey would be doing at that very moment. Would she be taking Chewie for a walk? Or folding laundry? Or trying once again to convince Rose to help her with some crazy scheme? He laughed to himself.

"I ain't paying you to laugh," his Uncle said good naturedly.

Ben laughed. "I'm sorry, it's just..."

"Rey, I know," said Luke with a wave of his hand. "Whenever you get that gooey look on your face it's always because of Rey."

Ben smirked and returned to his plans.

"Isn't she having lunch with Leia today?" Luke asked casually.

Ben frowned. "She never mentioned it."

Luke shrugged. "Oh, maybe I have it wrong," he said before walking away.

Ben chewed his lip. He trusted Rey. He really did, it was just that...well, his beautiful wife has a history of lying and concealing things...he shook his head. No, that couldn't be what this is about. Rey had turned over a new leaf. She obviously just forgot to tell him about her plans. He firmly told himself to drop the subject though it lingered in his thoughts for the rest of the afternoon.

**********

"The most important thing is that Ben mustn't find out," Rey said firmly with a finger pointed at her mother in law.

Leia nodded. "But darling, are you sure it's a good idea to keep it from him?"

Rey shoved a chip into her mouth. "It's not only a good idea, it's necessary! If he knew what I was planning he would flip!"

Leia looked worried and Rey smiled and reached a hand across the table. She squeezed Leia's hand with hers. "Don't worry, it will all turn out alright in the end, you'll see!"

Leia offered her a small smile but still looked unconvinced. Rey shrugged it off. She knew what she was doing and she knew what was best for Ben. He would thank her in the end she was sure of it.

"Can you get Han to take care of the things on this list?" Rey asked, passing a piece of paper to Leia.

"Of course, dear," Leia replied.

Rey grinned. "This is gonna be fun," she said holding out her glass to Leia. Leia clinked her glass against Rey's and smiled back. "I hope you're right dear," she replied.

**********

That evening when Ben returned home, Rey came scuttling out of the bedroom as though she had something to hide and his thoughts once again turned suspicious but he pushed them aside. Rey ran up to him and with her typical feral energy launched herself into his arms so that he had to hurry to catch her and not be thrown off balance. She pressed kisses to every inch of his face.

"How is the world's best architect today?" she asked, rubbing her nose against his.

"I'll tell you when I see him," Ben replied dryly.

Rey rolled her eyes. "Funny," she said as she jumped down to the floor. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Are you offering to cook?" Ben asked in disbelief.

Rey laughed and shook her head. "No, I'm offering to dial," she said as she picked up a variety of take-away menus and held them out in a fan shape towards Ben.