Chapter 2

Ben talked. He talked more than he had in years. He talked about his workaholic mother, who attended more charity functions than birthday parties for her own son, and he talked about his absent father, the in-demand pilot who still liked to smuggle contraband on the side just for kicks. He told her about the house he had built and how he had idolised his Uncle the architect growing up and he told her all about his ass-hole of a boss and how he couldn't believe said ass hole didn't think he was good enough to be a partner in a firm he had helped build from the ground up. Pun intended.

Then in turn Rey told him about her idyllic childhood, growing up with two doting parents, travelling the world as they investigated moss or mould or something he had missed the word because she had tucked a curl of her behind her ear, drawing his attention to the area and then all he could think about was nibbling on the sensitive appendage.

She was all sunshine and candy canes where he was all storm clouds and acid. She saw the good in every little thing. Drawing his attention to the tiniest details such as two raindrops racing down a shop window (hers won) or what she called 'fairies washing' when they passed a colourful rainbow patch reflected in a puddle.

He in turn pointed out his favourite buildings as they passed them and explained the cultural enrichment, they afforded the city and though he assumed she was bored as he lectured her about his specialist subject, she listened intently and seemed to at least pretend to find it all interesting.

By the time they reached her apartment, he was utterly captivated by her. Then he realised where they were.

'This is the restaurant,' he acknowledged.

'I know,' she replied.

'I thought we were going to your apartment?'

'my apartment is above the restaurant.'

'Why the hell didn't you tell me that?'

'I wanted to go for a walk and you needed to sober up.'

He had to admit the cool night air had helped to clear his head. Rey smiled at him and he realised he didn't want the night to end. He desperately tries to think of a way to extend his time with her.

'Can I come in and use your phone to call a taxi?' he asked.

'Yes,' she said with a look that he couldn't quite identify.

He followed her up the stairs to her flat. Was it his imagination or was she sticking her ass out towards him? His cock throbbed painfully in his pants. Hoping the answer would be the latter.

She unlocked the door and held it open for him.

'Where's your phone?' He asked, looking around the small space.

'Oh, I don't have one,' she answered as she unbuttoned her coat.

Ben frowned at her.

'I just asked to use your phone.'

Rey took off her coat and slung it over a nearby chair. She sat on the edge of her bed and crossed her legs.

'That's not really what you were asking me though was it?'

'I believe my exact words were can I come in and use your phone.'

'That's what you said yes, but what you were really asking was if you could come up and have sex with me.'

This girl was a head fuck. He opened his mouth to give her a piece of his mind, then an important piece of information fell into place in his thoughts.

'You said yes,' he said in a low voice.

Rey didn't say anything. She just looked at him expectantly. Keeping his eyes on hers, Ben unbuttoned his coat and lay it over the same chair Rey had placed hers on.